Can not get Omnispere 2.6 Complete (The Pirate) working!! (Solved)

Discussion in 'Omnisphere' started by DrewMusiq, May 3, 2020.

1. jojers

jojers Noisemaker

I did check that already and it is looking on both folders.
    C:\Program Files\Vstplugins\
    C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics\plug-ins\64bit\

2. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@jojers here is a possible fix. Delete the search path for C: Program Data\Spectrasonics\plug-ins\64bit\. In other words, have Studio One scan only the C:\program Files\Vstplugins. Omnisphere will show up.

3. jojers

jojers Noisemaker

Tried that too and still not working...
    Still blocks the 1 instance from the main vstplugins folder.

4. jojers

jojers Noisemaker

Does anyone have any new ideas? Or should I just try starting from scratch again?

5. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Very good idea.
    But nah.
    Warning points if asking the same question that was answered in another thread!
    This would eventually change the overall IQ score of AS...
    ...as in wheat from the chaff...

6. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

If Omnisphere is working properly the problem is with your Studio One.
    First, make sure that you DONT HAVE ANY AV on. Disable it>Reset your blacklist>Delete all your VST location paths> Click Apply>Close Studio One >Restart Studio One.
    Second, (if first time does not work) make sure that you DONT HAVE ANY AV on. Disable it>Close Studio One>Delete files in C:\Users\*******\AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 4\x64>Delete files in C:\Users\********\Roaming\PreSonus\Plug-in Scanner 1\x64.

7. jojers

jojers Noisemaker

Tried both options and still no luck.
    Tried even a variation on the order of reset blacklist and file deletion and cleaned \Roaming\PreSonus\Plug-in Scanner\x64 also.
    It rescanned all my VSTs and Omnisphere is the only one which gets blacklisted.

It makes total sense what you wrote that it must be a S1 issue as the standalone version is working.
    I should add that this happened to me while running S1 4 and now on v5 too. (yes, you mentioned \AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 4\x64 but I deleted \AppData\Roaming\PreSonus\Studio One 5\x64 as that's the version I'm using now)

BTW, I'm running an official S1.

8. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@jojers If your stand alone works and VST does not 99% of the problem is because you have an old dll that with the new update was "unauthorized". It generally occurs when you had a version that included the 32bit dll. Easiest way to find out is by running a program called ULTRASEARCH and running a scan using term Omnisphere. Make sure you include subfolders. You are supposed to have ONLY 2 Omnisphere DLLs. ONLY 2!

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. jojers

jojers Noisemaker

@The Pirate I have Ultrasearch and it just shows me 2 DLLs (I deleted the 3rd one already):
    C:\ProgramData\Spectrasonics\plug-ins\64bit\Omnisphere.dll
    C:\Program Files\Vstplugins\Omnisphere.dll

10. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

I meant to say ONLY 2 because the old 32 dll can't be present. It seems to be a registry problem, therefore, the only thing left to do is to delete Studio One and reinstall it. that is what I have done in the past. Use Revo, Ultrasearch, and Regscanner. Yesterday, I explained on a different thread how to completely removed Omnisphere or any other Spectrasonics product. http://audiosex.pro/threads/how-do-...n-install-it-again-cracked.56580/#post-516138. All you need to do is substitute search terms.
    If you need help, get those programs and Teamviewer and I will do it for you. Before I close, I have one more question: Are you able to use Omnisphere within another DAW? If it does not, remove Omnisphere instead of Studio One using method I explained on the other thread.

11. jojers

jojers Noisemaker

@The Pirate
    It does indeed work with Ableton Live!
    Will check how to save S1 preferences and other things I might need and reinstall it.
    Thanks a lot for your help! Really appreciate it :)
    Will let you know how it worked out after reinstalling.

12. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

That is your answer right there. Do save your settings/preference files but once you reinstall do NOT copy and paste all files back into Studio One. Instead, restart Studio One and make sure that it is scanning Omnisphere path (only one which is the VST Dll) if it works, proceed to copy and paste every file one by one. After each copy/paste re-start Studio One and make sure Omnisphere continue to show up. With that said, I dont think the culprit is found in your preference/settings but in the registry.
    Remember, Windows is built by Microfuck which after some usage turns into Macrofuck.:hillbilly:

13. jojers

jojers Noisemaker

@The Pirate
    I'm sad to say it didn't work...
    There was a couple of Registry entries which I didn't delete because they didn't seam relevant (mostly file name entries) or I thought could f*** up something (as you wrote Windows registry is a BIG mess)
    So maybe the problem was there or maybe it's something else with S1...
    I would love to have Omnisphere working on S1 but I think I'll give up and use it through rewire with Ableton Live on S1 instead.

Thank you so much for your patient help !!! Really appreciate it. :wink:

14. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

@jojers it is ok to be cautious BUT if I give anyone a piece of advice it is because am certain that NOTHING will go wrong. You must do as I explain. Don't cut corners. Nothing will go wrong with your registry. Moreover, you can create a system image. Or a restore point. Or save the registry using Regscanner. One of the 2 solutions I gave you will work out.

15. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

upload_2020-12-11_0-43-6.png eeeeh guys, how can I get rid of this message? It opens whenever I open omnisphere, but trillian and keyscape opens clean. (also sorry for bothering ya about omnisphere again)

16. The Pirate

The Pirate Audiosexual

Read this: https://www.spectrasonics.net/support/knowledgebase_view_topic.php?id=65&categoryID=20
    If folder hierarchy is as it should, try removing zmap. index files and restarting. If it does not work, then it is likely that you have a corrupted STEAM folder. Nothing you do short of replacing it will fix it. https://audiosex.pro/threads/solved-user-keyscape-inconsistent-index-data.54629/#post-488905
    Depending on which version you are currently running, this thread might help you. https://audiosex.pro/threads/what-a...size-of-the-omnisphere-factory-library.54638/ By the way you are off topic, so it is better to continue this conversation in an proper thread.

17. Kuuhaku

Kuuhaku Platinum Record

bruh Im 90% sure that you work on spectrasonics lmao, also thanks, Im gonna try out

18. jojers

jojers Noisemaker

@The Pirate

FINALLY found the culprit !!
    It was my Firewall, Comodo!

Had an issue now with Ableton Live and Comodo was the fault, then I though "could this also be why Omnisphere is getting blacklisted?" And it was indeed :) Using Windows Defender Firewall to block Omnisphere from calling home and works perfectly now.