Bias Amp 2 and FX CE-V.R Version and ToneCloud

Discussion in 'Software' started by bostonrake, Aug 2, 2018.

1. bostonrake

bostonrake Noisemaker

I'm trying to check out Bias. I got the CE-V.R versions... latest from sister site.

I created an account with Bias and I can login to ToneCloud. My question is if it is safe to do so. I read in some other post someone mentioned editing your hosts file so you can access tonecloud. I didn't edit my hosts file and I'm able to access tone cloud fine, but I'm wondering if it is safe.

On a side note, when I try to preview a tone, I don't hear anything. However, when I go to settings and the audio config and click the test tone, I hear that just fine.

Thanks!

3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

The worst thing that can happen is that they disable your Bias plugin. Nothing that a proper reinstall can't fix, but still annoying.

Is there no official (VR) explanations about this?

4. bostonrake

bostonrake Noisemaker

Not that I found. I looked in the NFO, but it doesn't state anything about the hosts file. For the record, here is the thread where someone mentioned the hosts file to access tonecloud... https://audiosex.pro/threads/solved-bias-amp-2-bias-fx-intergration.38638/

I've heard of putting stuff in the hosts file to block access for these types of things, but never heard of putting something in there to allow it. I'm able to access tonecloud for now... just was a little scared logging in with my own account. The previews don't seem to work though. I'll play with it some more tonight.

Thanks!

5. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

I read the post you mentioned. Interesting. Although by common sense I think TeamVR would promote the Tonecloud-working feature if it was safe.

So the way I see it it's a big "use it at your own risk". If you don't have paid BIAS products the worst that can happen would be, besides what I said earlier, your Tonecloud account cancelled/banned. So I'd defintely try the thing ))