Addictive Drums 2 (black gui) Big Sur Help

Discussion in 'Software' started by lasteno, Oct 21, 2021.

1. lasteno

lasteno Platinum Record

does anyone knows a trick to fix the black gui in addictive drums 2 in big sur ?

Thanks ¡

Screen Shot 2021-10-21 at 10.35.04.png

3. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

4. Diamz

Diamz Ultrasonic

I think until we see a 2.1.15 update, we will be struggling with workarounds. Currently only my VST version works in Cubase, not Ableton or other platforms. Hanging on because I have Logic projects using it which still play, however I get the black GUI. Even the buttons work, you just can't see them.

5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

XLN support gave me this fix, which worked:

Thanks for getting in touch with us. We are working for support version of our products with M1 Macs.

AD2 should run fine using Rosetta on M1 Macs, however for some reason there seems to be a validation issue with Logic, we have found a workaround for this and that is to set up so that your XLN plug-ins are writing log files.

1. Open a Finder window and open the "Go"-menu at the top of the screen.

2. While in the Go menu, hold the [Alt] key down to reveal the item "Library" and select it.

3. From here, go into Addictive Drums 2 -> <792012> -> Settings(full path: <Macintosh HD>/Users/<your_macos_username>/Library/Application Support/Addictive Drums 2/<792012>/Settings)

4. Change the name of the file "dont_trace.txt" to "do_trace.txt"

5. Run Logic and see if Addictive Drums 2 validates.
    Remember to change the do_trace to dont_trace, otherwise AD2 will keep writing logfiles.

www.reddit.com/r/LogicPro/comments/kuvf0v/issue_with_latest_logic_update_and_addictive_drum/

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

you should read the rest of the thread you copy and pasted.

Thank you so much for the detailed response. I actually heard back from them today and was able to solve the issue by closing all programs and restarting twice (seems when I was doing that before the programs that were not allowing the XLN installer to run we’re stopping it). Appreciate it and hope this helps someone!

[​IMG]

level 3
    coldriverstone

· 9m

that's great news! their support seems to be pretty quick and helpful, good to see

[​IMG]

level 2
    Zarakas

· 8m

Dude, you made my day! Thank you, works great!