A Warning from R2R

Discussion in 'Forum News and Updates' started by TonyG, May 26, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

I would simply respect whatever R2R asks for, and any non-compliance with specificity should be dealt with.

They have certainly given more then THEY have taken. I'm all for acquiescing to their reasonable request. Anyone who goes against them in that regard is NOT good in my book.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  2. Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd Guest

Well first off, for the record, I don't use cracks any more, and haven't for a long time, so whatever happens doesn't affect me on a personal level. I do however, support the groups that enable less fortunate people than myself to get in and make music. Morally wrong for the developers, which everyone should agree with, but the reality is people with nothing but access to a computer aren't going to buy stuff anyway.
    I'm sure the site owner will do what they will as they see fit, but the fact remains a direct challenge to the status quo has been delivered. Clearly, and for some time, the group have not been happy with the way things have been going. Whether they change direction, or not, is up to them, but what this directive from R2R has done, if nothing else, is to categorically once and for all, have said enough is enough. If admin wants to fight the battle, so be it. It remains to be seen whether it's winnable, or not, but all the grey has finally been turned black and white.

I primarily use this site as a music tech forum an a place to chat the music sciences and share my tunes. On occasion I've felt the need to consult the mods, and most, though not all, have been really good. That doesn't in my opinion have any bearing on the nfo notes.

Finally, when that wise person said "R2R never asked you to use their stuff", it is worth noting they did say 'don't make money from warez'.
    I appreciate the worth of groups as they helped me way back when. A little respect back goes a really long way.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Umm... the key phrase which TonyG stated is:
    "DO NOT MAKE MONEY WITH WAREZ"

The $$$ links are the issue - it's not for sale or profit, full-stop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. TonyG

TonyG Guest

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

I'm wondering what @SAiNT think about this.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  6. TonyG

TonyG Guest

@SAiNT will, as always, issue a "public statement" for our benefit. Nevertheless, regardless of what @SAiNT thinks this site is his and he can decide whatever he chooses or wants. We don't like it, he kindly grants us the privilege to explicitly state so and we retain the right to leave this site.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2018
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. bluerover

bluerover Audiosexual

Bring all of it underground. Lets move everything to the DARK WEB.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. If I read the NFO correctly, it was primarily directed to Saint without using his name. It the ball is in his court, always has been, always will.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  9. michaelbrac

michaelbrac Guest

Beware from Waves company ,they are sending
    Private investigators to studios posing as customers i know like a 5 studios sued, no kidding.

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Platinum Record

Its the bloody repack for update releases they meant
    The ones that is NOT an official R2R release so read before post

11. tvandlover

tvandlover Producer

This part of the message implies they are happy with people upping minor updates so to quote you "read before post"

12. Olymoon

Olymoon MODERATOR Staff Member

At AudioZ, Posters are allowed to use free file hosting, like Zippyshare. I wonder why they don't.
    Why specially Horsemen and Decibelle dont follow R2R policy? LOL.

• Interesting x 4
    • Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Dislike x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • List
  13. Thankful

Thankful Rock Star

All human inventions starting by asking a stupid question, like 'Why shouldn't people be able to fly?' or 'Why shouldn't peole be able to talk to each other by long distance?' All the stupid questions led to amazing advancements for the lives of humans. So let's ask another stupid question: Why can't the cracking groups take full control of the process of releasing by uploading the warez themselves? Or they can recruit and vet their own uploaders. Websites like the sister can simply post the 'R2R Authorised Download Links'. Wesbites like the sister can agree to only post R2R authorised download links. Any mirrors that appear will be deleated with the added bonus for the poster of a nice lifetime ban. Problem solved. When R2R 'blames' others, they give the authority to those they blame. When R2R takes full control of their affairs, they retain their authority over what happens to their releases.

• Interesting Interesting x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  14. Maizelman

Maizelman Rock Star

How can this surprise you? :facepalm: You're from another planet?

15. modmid

modmid Member

I would agree.
    However, we need to help R2R somehow. They deserve all our admiration and esteem for what they do. At least, I think so.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  16. TonyG

TonyG Guest

I am going to answer both your questions in reverse order. Yes, I am from another planet. A planet in which silence implies consent.
    Consequently, since the members were quiet about it I thought that they were "OK" with it. Damn!:( I was so wrong.:dunno:

17. Medrewb

Medrewb Platinum Record

Thank you for always using zippy like r2r's wishes.. not to mention the huge keyscape lib..
    Seems like only you follow all the rules :bleh:

18. TonyG

TonyG Guest

What the ...Waves has to do with what is being discussed here? Don't take me wrong, I think that what you said is important but off-topic. In fact, it should be in a separate thread so members that are not interested in this thread become aware of it.

19. Andsoitseems

Andsoitseems Ultrasonic

This has everything to do with Audiohunt.org

Every file is premium

20. pingu

pingu Newbie

Seems the 'r2rdownload' (now 'goaudio') guy didn't get their memo. Selling access to R2R's latest release:

EDIT: no links to warez! <--- It was to make the point that the guy is not going to stop anytime soon. Team R2R are kidding themselves if they think they can stop 'business warez'

Last edited: May 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List