Zoom uac-2 mixfx..fl studio 20... please help

Discussion in 'FL Studio' started by FrankWhite23, Jan 14, 2020.

1. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

Hey guys so I finally purchased my first condenser microphone and I plugged it in and I got a signal running through it but whenever I open the mixfx application it says (disconnected) on the top of the application and no signal goes through it... I've updated all the drivers and applications .. so I have windows 10 with fl studio 20 I go and select the zoom uac-2 asio driver under the input and output and I get a error message - Not enough Asio Output channels available. At least 2 channels are needed and under status it says disabled. So I'm forced to use the zoom uac-2 under the direct sound devices which just gives me the ability to hear fl studio through my monitors.. but in the mixer the insert is greyed out where I would select the mic input ... does anyone have any clue what I can do because I'm getting really frustrated.

3. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

I hope you will solve this problem. But it obviously don't belong to software section.
    It's hardware thing or a FL Studio problem....

Did you try with Asio for All driver?

4. albackwardz

albackwardz Member

Sounds like you might have to uncheck the "release audio drivers in the background" in the audio settings in FL. I definitely could be wrong.

5. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

Hey no appreciate any idea on what it could be I'll check it out when I get off of work... I'm new to FL so it could be something dumb like that... thank you for helping!!!

6. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

Sorry olymoon, when I click on my zoom uac -2 asio driver it says. Not enough ASIO output channels available. Atleast 2 channels are needed. I click ok and under status it says disabled

7. FrankWhite23

FrankWhite23 Producer

The only thing I can select is under my Direct Sound devices in my audio settings Zoom uac-2 (2-Zoom UAC-2 Driver) and albackwardz, I'm not seeing that option in my audio settings. When I go into my Sound control panel my Zoom uac-2 is my default device in the properties I have 2 channel, 32 bit, 44100hz (Studio Quality). .but here is the weird thing under my audio settings in fl studio the status of my Zoom uac-2 (2 Zoom UAC-2 Driver its forced at 44100hz but at 16bit. It's weird

8. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

for condensers you need the +48V on. have you tried other daws like studio one or Live10?

9. Daskeladden

Daskeladden Rock Star

uninstall driver
    pull out audio interface
    restart pc (complete shut down, pull out power from wall and wait 2 minutes)
    reinstall audio interface driver (don't connect audio interface to pc)
    connect audio interface to usb port (only use USB back on motherboard, no adapters/hub, max 2 meter usb cable)

One question do you use laptop or desktop?

Also be sure Class compliant mode are off (it's for iPad only):
    [​IMG]

Also try and turn off direct monitoring when using pc

Last edited: Jan 16, 2020