Zoom h6n + sound device 302 or?

Discussion in 'Pro Tools' started by dsn101, Jan 27, 2015.

1. dsn101

dsn101 Guest

Hi everyone, i own a zoom h6n and i'm thinking on upgrading my gear with a sound device, I'm not sure on buying a sound device mixpre d or buying a sd 633.
    The setup will be like this:
    Boom->sd mixpreD->zoom or boom directly to the sd 633.
    Which one will you recomend me? Or if you know another setup that will work please feel free to let it me know.

Thanks.

3. boomoperator

boomoperator Rock Star

Well, sound-quality wise, few could hear a difference between the two options. But in terms of operating, SD 633 is totally diifferent beast. In my opinion, If you mostly do 'bag-work', Zoom recorders aren't all that (take it out, lock-unlock the hold switch, make sure the right channel is selected, put it back in).
    Then of course the 633 has timecode, dual system recording, backup battery.. In short: if you wanna earn money with it, Zoom is not an option. You could also consider a used SD744, they go for around 2 grand.