Zombie step!

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by ThreszheR, Nov 20, 2013.

1. ThreszheR

ThreszheR Newbie

http://soundcloud.com/treszher/zombie-apocalypse-the-song

Hi all!

My first post here. Would love some feedback on this little project. Like what can be done to improve it? I am stucked at the moment and it feels like something is missing mostly in the "verse sections" Guess my producer skills are lacking here and would be must grateful for any help :thumbsup: I dont have any monitors so mixvise it may not be optimal either. Been doing this music thing for 2 years now but i dont have as much time to use as i want.. Sorry about my english btw! :)

Have a good one!

\\ThreszheR

3. ( . ) ( . )

( . ) ( . ) Audiosexual

welcome to the forum :mates:

hmmm...the intro sounds really weird and whirly to me. Not exactly out of key, but sounding like it is...like as though the glide or portamento has been overdone...

mixing wise, the kick seems like it has been overlimited and alot of elements are waaay to loud such as the bass and the claps...it is lacking alot of dynamics...

the heavy bassline also seems a little distorted and some of the elements don't go well together...

but it's not horrible, it's a good effort :wink:

Maybe look more into getting some monitor headphones or studio monitors. A good pair of studio headphones goes along way...Audio Technica ATH-M50's are ideal standard for many studio professionals...

Also, maybe look more into learning how to mix via tutorials on youtube etc :D

Take care :)

4. ThreszheR

ThreszheR Newbie

Thanks for answering and the suggestions! I will look into it. I made it sound quite rough with intent but as you say there are issues here :) I think i need to invest in some monitors or maybe headphones and then continue this long journey after knowledge about the whole process! *yes*

5. rflip

rflip Noisemaker

Hi threszher.
    I agree with hk, the intro sound like out of key or something.
    In my opinion I would change the intro, like try to paint a picture of a fucked up city, get some city sounds and people screaming like we were watching the news and add the dark bass line to it, and then after the reporter announcement you could add a big sound break. I think that it doing that would create a nice soundscape.
    Check what I did so you can get an ideia http://audiosex.pro/index.php?/topic/9108-dead-poetry-first-mix/ I know it is a completely different style of what you are doing but try to see what I meant with the intro and giving it a soundscape.

Mixing wise I can't give you any good advice because I'm also learning how to mix.

BR
    Rflip

6. ThreszheR

ThreszheR Newbie

Hello there rflip!

Thanks for your good opinions i think i agree with both of you on the intro which i dont really like either.
    I added the news voice after completing it and it sounded better to me then, it took focus of the bad part i guess.

Completed this song in a intense period and when you have listened to it like 50 times it begins to sound ok but that is not really true i realize after a listen a couple of days later!
    I have some work to do *yes* and not just the intro i hear now.. Hehe

Happy holydays to ya all!