ZEUS Soundfont

Discussion in 'Presets, Patches' started by Waves, Nov 30, 2020.

1. Waves

Waves Noisemaker

There is a very good sounding Soundfont Zeus sf2
    https://www.youtube.com/user/giannife54/videos

Do everyone knows to get this soundfont ?

I wrote to the email under the video, but he says every time it is coming out, but not now.
    It can not be bought at the moment. He said this before years and again last week.

I would like to buy this soundfont.

3. Ikagura

Ikagura Producer

I mean you've already got your answer straight from the horse's mouth. You asked the dev himself and he said essentially "It'll be out when it's done". I doubt anyone here knows more about it than the developer himself. All you can do is just follow him wherever, wait for updates or announcements and wait for him to release it.

If every time someone asks about release date and all he says is Soon™ and if he's a perfectionist, you might never see the release because he might just be stuck in a infinite loop. He'll work on it forever, always trying to improve it and in the end he'll never be satisfied with it because you cannot achieve perfection. You can always improve something but in order to finish whatever you're doing you just need to say to yourself "It's done" when you're reasonably satisfied with the end result and move on.

4. Waves

Waves Noisemaker

Thank you very much. It is strange when someone presents something for years, wants to sell it, but doesn't ? Maybe he just wants to sell the midifiles ?

5. Ikagura

Ikagura Producer

Yes, it could be so. I don't know the guy and never heard about this soundfont before but my guess would be that it is just his personal project, he's making it mainly for himself, not really to make money off of it. He has no deadlines, no release date, even no obligations to release it.

He could have just fallen into a pitfall of trying to make it perfect, the best soundfont he can ever create. Same thing happened to me and many others. But like I said, you cannot achieve perfection and when you're working alone in your own bubble it can be difficult to realise that you have to move one, otherwise you'll never finish the project you're working on.

6. Smoove Grooves

Smoove Grooves Audiosexual

Good advice, obviously from experience, and I concur.
    Which is why it's great to have deadlines from a publisher, restrictions like only so much studio downtime available (if I want to save my advance!), and a recording partner/engineer for me, so that I remain free enough to let go and move on swiftly enough.