ZETA +2

Discussion in 'Software' started by thiagorisso, Nov 4, 2011.

1. thiagorisso

thiagorisso Newbie

I might be alone on this one but i´m affraid the sound quality of ZETA +2 is not filling my expectations... i find it to be too harsh!!! When played alone not so so noticeable, but when i try to mix it´s sound with the rest of the mix it seems to never sit well. Does anybody else in here share the same feeling?

3. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

I think you're alone on this one, Z3ta is mainly designed for leads that could be the problem

4. thiagorisso

thiagorisso Newbie

Yep Mikal, i think you got it by the same time i wondered the same thing. I was trying to get some bass sounds out of it. Thanks to make things clear.

5. smartlad

smartlad Member

Don't use it but have you tried upping the quality in the settings? Will use more cpu but should make a noticeable difference. Have heard nothing but good things about this synth so putting it bluntly it could be something your doing wrong mixing it.

6. Mykal

Mykal AudioP2P

For some nice Bass lines , try Massive or Sylenth1.

7. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

zeta+ is really good for pads wide ones with ambienty touch.
    for basslines its to flat in sound imo.
    for plucks it works also not bad if u want some very dull ones. which are not so peaky like the sylenth1 or the massives ones.
    for classic 80s sounds zeta is wonderful.
    actually for supersaws - zeta+ still sucks a lot 'cos the unision feature is really bad and hard to adjust imo.
    then it makes nice bitcrushed synths sounds - maybe as high bassline zeta is fantastic.
    another one is fat house chords where it goes very well! ... guess i covered a lot here.

thru the fact that zeta wasnt update on the supersaw priority - i didnt updated to version 2.

8. thiagorisso

thiagorisso Newbie

I did it, but it still lack of "that fat bass sound", try it yourself and you´ll understand ;)

9. thiagorisso

thiagorisso Newbie

Yeah those are good, i´ve been trying all sort of synths and I´m coming back to exactly these two when it comes to basslines, shouldn´t had wasted so much time :thumbsup:

10. thiagorisso

thiagorisso Newbie

Thanks for sharing your expereience with the synth, i´m sure this one works well for exactly these sounds you described. Now i´m not disapointed with the synth anymore, I´ll be using it for the right things instead :wink:

11. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

for bass try razor and lazerbass :wink:

12. smartlad

smartlad Member

It ok I believe you lol

Yeah for bass I go with massive, also zebra, boosted with a bit drive from vintage warmer 2 and a couple db boost at around 120hz. Don't forget to high pass to suit ;) then probably more eq and compression on bus :grooves:

Then again totally depends what your after.

13. thiagorisso

thiagorisso Newbie

Never tryed reaktor, but once you tell me so i´ll try it and let you know what i think

14. thiagorisso

thiagorisso Newbie

I try to focus on a very consistent(not to say heavy) drum/bass relation on my songs. I´ve been reading a lot about how to get a mix sounding like these, but the foundamental element (bass on this case) gotta be sounding fat from the start so it can make things easier in the end. Thanks for reminding the technical aspects tho :thumbsup:

15. Rooster Cogburn

Rooster Cogburn Member

Well if you haven't updated to version 2 then you might want to try it before you give this feedback. The main thing about the old Z3ta was not that you couldn't get great sound out of it, but that the gui and workflow was unfriendly, cluttered, and made tweaking sounds unintuitive and frustrating at times. And the preset arrangement was a nightmare.

The new version has totally changed all that, imo. They have really streamlined the workflow and made the synth 1,000 times easier to work with. Immediately I noticed a difference when tweaking and making new sounds w/ Z3TA 2 and thus got much better results and sounds that I didn't think I could get out of the old version. To be honest I actually stayed away from tweaking and making my own sounds in the old Z3TA b/c it just wasn't very user friendly. Now I actually enjoy it.

16. thiagorisso

thiagorisso Newbie

I spent a couple of hours downloading reaktor today and gotta tell you that it worthed every second... there are some serious sounds you can get out of these synths :grooves:

17. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

with update i meant the regular sold update from zeta+, i tried also to work with the version since assign cracked it for us.
    hmm imo i depends what kind of music u are trying to do. for example i described the setup of a supersaw which is still higly complicated.
    an in trance we mainly work with supersaws(pads, leads, high basslines)
    and imo there has not really much changed. they improved a few things like the gui, the fx chain with the drag and drop, new preset system. some new filter types(i guess zeta+ has now the longest list of them).
    yh but finally the way how zeta+ inside works is still the same.
    i started using zeta+ as it was property of rgc:audio back in version 1.2. so i guess i know what i'm telling.

18. TkiD

TkiD Noisemaker

Reaktor is great, lots of nice sounds, i use it for allsorts of stuff.

I mainly use Massive and ABL Pro for basslines. Sylenth & Predator also good.

For leads i like Rob Papen Albino, Sylenth, Zeta, U-He Zebra, Image-Line Sytrus.

For pads and FX i like Erik Wollo, Pentagon, DSK Darkness Theory etc.

I use Kontakt, Camel Audio's Alchemy and Waldorf Largo for a bit of everything.

:bow: