Zero latency android

Discussion in 'Mobile' started by Resonance, Jan 5, 2015.

1. Resonance

Resonance Newbie

Breaking news: Zero Latency on Android shown at NAMM 2015!
    IK to show the universal solution for real time audio processing on Android 4.0 or later
    30 December 2014

Having pioneered low-latency digital audio interfacing and processing on select Android Samsung Professional Audio devices with iRig HD-A, AmpliTube, iRig MIC HD-A and EZ Voice, IK Multimedia will present a breakthrough universal solution that provides near zero latency and real-time audio processing on a wide assortment of Android devices (running Android 4.0 or higher and compatible with USB host mode/OTG mode) at NAMM 2015.

Despite representing over 80% market share of mobile devices in circulation, Android smartphones and tablets have not established themselves as a reliable music creation platform. This is due to factors like the OS’s performance, which is not suitable for real-time processing, and the fragmentation of the platform across dozens of manufacturers and carriers.

Even with the addition of standard USB Audio I/O in the recent release of Android 5.0, the platform still lacks the ability to perform rock solid real time ultra low latency audio processing.

IK Multimedia has solved this problem with a paradigm shift of a universal solution that delivers astonishing near zero latency performance (down to 2 ms round-trip total latency) on every Android device running Android 4.0 or higher and that supports USB host mode/OTG mode independently from the device manufacturer.

This solution will be made available to the hundreds of millions of devices in circulation from manufacturers like Samsung, Google, Motorola, LG, HTC, Xiaomi and more. Finally, the capability for using the Android platform for serious music making and performance has arrived.

Try it for yourself and visit IK Booth #6520 at the 2015 NAMM Show in Anaheim, California during January 22-25, or visit our site and social channels for more information released during the show.

3. iownu1000

iownu1000 Noisemaker

that is awesome to hear, I'm glad to finally see some competition in the mobile Audio market dominated by iOS....

Would love to see more companies do cross compatibility to Android now...no "latency" excuses anymore

4. Rolma

Rolma Guest

SAME OPINION ON HERE.

in my lack of knowledge I have always blamed commercial strategies instead of thinking that it might have been some sort of android built in problem.

5. Resonance

Resonance Newbie

Well is kind of disappointing, now I've seen what their solution is, it looks great for their products but hardly matches their claims, so its really a external device that uses android as a screen and controller interface for their UA devices from what I can tell.
    Will it work with other apps ? who knows yet, probably not but havn't been able to find out for sure
    Will other apps be aloud to develop for it? seems unlikely, just hope I'm wrong

6. Rolma

Rolma Guest

False hopes then!
    What´s the point of having an external device for controlling audio. It doesn't make any sense precisely talking about mobile devices; the extreme portability it´s what defines and differentiates it from let´s say a laptop.

Im very fond of android devices, I think pretty soon they will turn to the standard for serious computing.