ZENOLOGY FX: Authentic Roland effects for your DAW

Discussion in 'Software News' started by wuzzle, Jul 31, 2021.

1. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)

Roland brings a collection of more than 90 authentic effects to your DAW with the release of ZENOLOGY FX.

Roland has delivered memorable, genre-defining sounds for nearly fifty years, and a big part of that sonic footprint is its unique approach to effects processing. The legendary swirling JUNO chorus, feedback-drenched tape echo, and other sounds that have left their mark on countless tracks over the decades, can now be added to any keyboard sound or instrument track to make music come alive.

While many of the processors in ZENOLOGY FX have vintage inspiration from legendary products like the JUNO chorus, CE-1 stompbox and JD-800 synthesizer, use of them today through ZENOLOGY FX is thoroughly modern with a contemporary interface and simple controls for free-flowing creativity.

With ZENOLOGY FX, music makers can add delays to arps, larger-than-life modulation effects to chord progressions, and twist and distort basses and lead tones that leap from the speakers, while delays add space without taking away presence and immediacy. Modulation effects include choruses, phasers, flangers, and more—and they work wonders on synths and other keyboard instruments.

ZENOLOGY FX also includes a menagerie of unique Roland effects to propel tracks into uncharted sonic territory. Explore the DJFX Looper and lo-fi effects from the SP-404, or color your sounds with slicers, filters, overdrives, and other selections from the vast Roland effects legacy.

ZENOLOGY FX can be accessed today through Roland Cloud Manager, the software interface for Roland Cloud content. Roland Account holders may test drive ZENOLOGY FX for free until December 31st, 2021. ZENOLOGY FX is also accessible via all Roland Cloud membership levels starting with Core membership at $2.99 USD per month.

https://www.roland.com/ca/products/rc_zenology_fx/

• Love it! Love it! x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

Roland is on fire with their virtual stuff.

Hopefully we will see this blessed ...

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  4. Lemmy

Lemmy Audiosexual

If I can´t buy it, (paying once) I don´t want it.
    Am I the only one who hates that monthly buying bla bla shit?
    Or do I oversee something?

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

No Lemmy - some have not yet stored their brains in the cloud and like you find it all quite annoying!

In other words - the new business models - renting instead of buying with a permanent online connection, draw the user into dependency. Or installment payments and lure offers, you also want to create customer loyalty in order to sell other products to you.

You hired market research institutes to find out how you can still make money now and in the future. The market is actually saturated and the competition is getting bigger and bigger, money is getting scarcer with the potential customers.

Then something like "Only 2.99 & per month" comes out. and there is still money to be made with marketing tricks. The user data is partly the new gold.

6. liquidlove

liquidlove Ultrasonic

It's annoying. In Roland's case it's even worse, because their Cloud Manager and the whole authentication method is so archaic. They've updated it since the beginning, you only have to (supposedly) authenticate once per month, but still.

Roland do offer the "lifetime key" option, but you STILL need to authenticate them via the online manager which is insane. And also, they are priced way too overboard. $199/pc for almost everything.

Someone somewhere said, "I hate when these companies dip into my credit card every month" and I sometimes feel the same. But it's a business model people are used to now - the "Netflix / Spotify" method. And most of the big software licenses are per month these days: Adobe, Avid.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  7. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

Those demos sound really nice and interface is nicely design and easy to use... but like @Lemmy I´ll never dive into this online nonsense. I rather buy 50 dongles than keep DAW updating license thru interweb monthly

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)
    Sadly any of these companies with a suite of plugs or applications are moving this direction. I don't like it either.

The plan seems to be most everything will end up in that direction, gadgets as well
    https://gizmodo.com/in-2030-you-wont-own-any-gadgets-1847176540

• Agree Agree x 2
    • List
  9. visitor

visitor Guest

Sad to say, but those who torrent Roland Cloud software actually end up with the better end without having to deal with the constant authorization issues

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. SineWave

SineWave Audiosexual

Hmmmm, I get you brother, but having 1 dongle [THE one] is more than enough. :) Completely agreed about online nonsense! :wink:

11. hani king

hani king Platinum Record

i do have zenology (lifetime) and on the cloud manager it says ''test drive''

so did gave it a testdrive with dry sounds piano/strings from D50 VST:
    the fx are AWESOME indeed and easy to use even with the current presets
    they are so sweet on the ears as well as other fx
    pianos and strings sounded amazing with Z fx,

cant wait to use the toys on my next project

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021