Zebra3 is slowly coming soon (since 2012!)

Discussion in 'Industry News' started by lbnv, May 13, 2023.

1. lbnv

lbnv Platinum Record

• Like Like x 2
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  3. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

So 11 years for a primitive Rhino3D now it will be another 10 years for Blah-blah-Urs-empty promise to build a synth
    Zibra 2030

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. Free Agent

Free Agent Platinum Record

bye bye serum

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. B00nD0ggie

B00nD0ggie Kapellmeister

Im buying it. no hesitation.

6. stopped

stopped Producer

I'll be shocked if they ever release a synth I don't instabuy (especially as their new product deals are often the best deals their products will get)

7. lbnv

lbnv Platinum Record

Robert McNeel & Associates (the company behind Rhino 3D) is big, u-he is small. 10 (max. 15) employee and some of them are needed for cleaning office or are responsible for support...

Do you understand real complexity of development of such a synth? U-he develops several products (including Hive and Diva) and all af them aren't simple.

And why mostly working synth is blah-blah-blah? No, it isn't. We can see it. It's not just words.

Last edited: May 14, 2023
  8. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

To those who are complaining it's taking a long time to come out, I'd like to see what type of synth you could produce in 11 years!

9. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

Why so serious, man, you just need to read u-he forum to get how many times unrealistic promises were given by Urs-Big-mouth to his customers, he is a master on that and I'm just immune to his empty words for all these years. Zebra 3 is a Half-Life 3 of vsti-world, the only difference Gabe didn't promise to realize HL3 next year like Urs did since what 2012(?). The market meantime is dominated by nasty Serum.
    Ask Urs were is Uhbik X which was the marketing lie with Uhbik effect bundle in 2010 but so many products went out since then.
    Oh boy how much time past :hillbilly:

https://i.imgur.com/V5D47vT.png
    [​IMG]

10. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

You know, most companies say *nothing* about what their plans are, because people refuse to acknowledge that things change, we don't all know what the future holds, ideas reform, different priorities come into play, and we need to be flexible.

None of these things are "promises", just an outline of his current ideas/plans at the time, to help guide the userbase as to what they are working on. And sometimes, plans change. That's life...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

Look one more time through the picture of usual forum blah-blah. "Promise little but do much".

12. dkny

dkny Platinum Record

You're interpreted some outlines of plans and intentions as a "customer promise". There is no such promise in those words - you've imagined something that doesn't exist, then are annoyed that they didn't uphold your imaginary promise.

At the time, he was I'm sure working on that product (this, his words aren't a "lie", as you categories them). Then in the course of things, I expect plans changed, as they often do in life, and they certainly do in development.

I'm continually rearranging the order of my various to-do lists and priorities - even more so when you are running a business and managing people.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  13. mino45

mino45 Kapellmeister

Zebra was/is a great synth, and what Urs showed off in the alpha for sure is exciting. So I don't mind waiting some more. I am looking forward to it.

14. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

Not my interpretation you are making false assumptions here as if you a Urs fanboy, I'm an u-he customer since 2008 maybe and a member of his forum I quite know the situation and take it with good humor just call it "bullshit marketing". UhbikX was a selling point which never happened https://www.soundonsound.com/reviews/u-he-uhbik
    There were much more misinforming from BigMouth Urs, but I don't care i'ts his reputation and how he does business.

My point here we won't see Zebra3 as a finished product in the next few years.not earlier than 3-4 years. Thats all :shalom:

15. phumb-reh

phumb-reh Guest

Zebra is still great, and flexible as you like. Non-flashy and easy to use.

While it can get really digital, it's not a wavetable synth so they're not comparable. So like Serum didn't replace Zebra, Z3 will not replace Zebra.

A true workhorse synth. Ah, and only 30e to upgrade for us Zebra2 owners.

And @Synclavier is right, mentally give any release date a good 2 year boost, and if none's given, just assume "someday".

As for myself, no rush.

16. OBKenobi

OBKenobi Producer

The Serum is dead people don't seem to know that Serum 2 is in development?

17. arbuckle

arbuckle Ultrasonic

Yeah Zebra is a great complement to Serum but not a replacement imo... Zebra is more comparable to Phase Plant, which has a similar modular design and workflow, hopefully Z3 will match PP in more modern modulation workflow and visual feedback.

That said I used serum for a long time as my goto for easily constructed dirty growls and snappy metallic bonks... But i also own Pigments and since the 3.5 update with cross mod it's completely replaced serum for me as it can do the "FM from B" stuff better and easier. So if Zebra 3 can nail that workflow instead of remaining a modular sound design time sink (sorry phase plant) then it could probably replace most every synth.. I'm here for serum 2 though esp with DMG contributing FX.

18. dondada

dondada Rock Star

didnt the uhbiks got an upgrade/rework since then?

19. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

20. Synclavier

Synclavier Rock Star

No rush definitely, for these years I just stopped waiting for it, I'm in Zen state it comes when it comes :)
    There so much interesting stuff to play already. I've been pleasantly surprised with Surge XT recently, it's really amazing for a freeware

21. Hazen

Hazen Rock Star

SuperBooth is happening in my town, but the tickets were so freaking expensive, I didn't even care to visit. Could have jumped the fence though. Maybe next time!