Yuer 2i2 - what the heck?

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by Arabian_jesus, Sep 9, 2022.

1. Arabian_jesus

Arabian_jesus Audiosexual

Was browsing around on Thomann to look for a small and suitable interface for my brother when I came across this thing: https://www.thomann.de/se/yuer_2i2_audio_interface.htm
    [​IMG]
    It's clearly a blatant Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 Gen 3 copy, but I never expected to see products like this on Thomann. I wouldn't be shocked to find it on Aliexpress or something, but I've never seen other Chinese copies like this on Thomann before (except pretty much every Behringer product, but you get what I mean).

Does anyone know anything about these? If they are made by the same factory that builds interfaces for Focusrite they could actually be a great deal. I can't find a single forum post, news article or review about them. The manufacturer doesn't even seem to have a website.

• Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • List
  3. Lieglein

Lieglein Audiosexual

Thoman says It's available since August 2022.
    So it's pretty new I guess. :dunno:
    Thats probably why theres no info.

Would not speculate on it yet.

4. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Unfortunately, no power supply included. And the Dynamic Ranger could have more. I remain loyal to Audient.

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. wuzzle

wuzzle Platinum Record

Lesser Galactic Co-ordinates: Earth (0.0.0)
    Even the Focusrite 2i4 has no power supply. They're bus powered.

Audient is in my future as well, for good reason.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. No Avenger

No Avenger Audiosexual

Maybe because it doesn't have a socket for it? :winker:

With 24bit it's as large as it can get...

7. tnc

tnc Producer

- Don't expect any driver support for any OS upgrades.
    - Don't except low latency high quality drivers
    - "Yuer" doesn't even seem to have a website. Where DO you find optimized drivers for it?
    - Price is just $20 less from Focusrite's original one.

My tip... just get a 2nd hand professional audio interface instead if you don't have the money for a new one.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  8. Polomo

Polomo Guest

Yuer =
    https://shop.warwick.de/de/brands/yuer

Manual:
    https://shop.warwick.de/media/pdf/c7/7f/40/YU_AI_01_Manual_EN_DE.pdf
    Data Sheet:
    https://shop.warwick.de/de/audio-interfaces/yuer-2i2-audio-interface

warwick

Imprint:
    Anschrift & Kontakt
    Warwick GmbH & Co. Music Equipment KG
    Gewerbepark 46
    D-08258 Markneukirchen

but,
    since 1996 they have an office in Shanghai.
    From Wikipedia
    The Rockbass Artist Line produces affordable signature models, also made in China.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warwick_(company)
    https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warwick_(Unternehmen)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2022
    • Interesting Interesting x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. tnc

tnc Producer

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

The interfaces with power supply have the better and more stable supply compared to the power supply via USB.
    This is especially interesting when using microphones that require phantom power.

USB interfaces provide a low voltage with max. 5.5 V (current: USB 2.0 ~500mA, USB 3.0 ~ 900mA), but the
    phantom power for microphones is up to 48 V. This can cause problems with the power supply (via USB).
    This can lead to problems with the power supply (via USB) of the microphone.

Audient iD14: Dynamic range (ADC) 116 dB // Dynamic range (DAC) 117 dB // Dynamic range headphones 111 (DAC) dB

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • List
  11. Arabian_jesus

This seems to be the manufacturer website: http://loganbpm.com/

This is €90 while the Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 is €162.

I wouldn't either expect it to have very good drivers, but in this price range it's competing with interfaces from Behringer that doesn't even have any tailored drivers (they just point users to the asio4all website). Will be interesting to see the reviews nonetheless!

I wasn't planing on recommending this interface for my brother, I was just a bit perplexed to see an interface like this being sold on Thomann. I would like to tell him to just get something from RME, but since he rather spend money on guitars, training equipment and expensive clothes I doubt that he wants to buy anything much more expensive than a EVO 4 or Scarlett Solo!

12. RADAR

RADAR Platinum Record

in this price range, I personally would not think twice and go for the M-Audio AIR 192|4.

13. Arabian_jesus

I still use my RME Babyface Pro FS pretty much daily and I've never had any problems at all with power supply :) Never had any problems with my old original Babyface either. Don't know if it would work with interfaces that have more than two mic inputs, but my Fireface 802 can't be bus powered so I can't try.

Sorry, but no. M-Audio has made the worst interfaces I've every tried. They have some good MIDI controllers and other stuff, but interfaces is not their strong suite in my experience.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  14. RADAR

RADAR Platinum Record

since 4 years with me in daily operation without a single error, but the experiences are known to be different ....anyway, good luck
    EDIT: Arturia MiniFuse 2 I also had in my studio for a short time and left a really good impression.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2022
  15. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

The Chinese are attacking the market with quality and low prices. They simply undercut the competition.
    Let's see what the reviewers and testers write about it soon. Is really a good audio interface?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  16. terrific!

terrific! Guest

I just cant bite my tongue any longer. Please stop with the xenophobia crap. Its like the 3rd time in as many days ive seen this ridiculous disinformation spreading nonsense on the forum.

Pretty much everything electronic has parts from if not fully made in China. Your PC, phone, your TV, your turntable, keyboard, home appliances... there is quality and there is junk, made everywhere. All of these interfaces from the cheapest to most expensive share at least some similar if not identical parts. The chips inside cost literally under one €1. Its down to R&D design factor and a company doing its own sourcing, QC and pricing. If a business in Germany chooses to copy a design, source the cheapest components and labor available, and on top do zero QC, whos to blame (or praise) for the final product? "Chinese" isn't a company. Its how business has always been done and always will be done. Products made in China cost less simply because the cost of labor due to cost of living in China are MUCH lower than in Europe and America. They have the technology and labor force coupled with pricing to meet world demands. Its business 101 simple mathematics. Get over it.

And for you RME fanboys... (good mid tier products IMHO, but!) if you want to bash on this Yuer company for being a joint production between Germany and China, then do the same with your beloved RME, because its made in exactly the same way and always has been, only with the added 10x (or more) on the price tag. FACT. Native Instruments? Exactly the same - although I must say their Komplete Audio six interfaces are far far from garbage and yet cheap as chips (speaking of which, IIRC some RME devices share the same chips). I've seen these NI interfaces on the biggest stages and sound systems with the biggest names in the world and never heard or seen any complaints about it. If its good enough for them, well... Oh and BUS powered too. God forbid!!!

Personally, I am always happy to see more new low priced interfaces on the market. Especially low form factor without all the extra bell and whistle connections for the mostly portable ITB setup. Small superb in/out conversion is all thats needed for an ITB producer and yet very few such interfaces exist. I own a $2000 ("Made in USA") DAC and a $150 ("Made in Germany") AD/DA MIDI interface (neither are 100% parts or made where they say). The fact is, without a proper room and high end monitors, they sound very similar. Even still, we're talking minutus differences in SQ.. as in like the extra 5%, inches not miles apart. I've used both to make major label records.

Good luck and good day. :)

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  17. Olaf

Olaf Platinum Record

I don't really see it. It doesn't look that similar.
    There are a lot of different interfaces that share this same base design:

image.jpg

Is it just because these two buttons next to each input? :dunno:

18. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

Yes, terrific! I agree with you, you have to produce in low-wage countries like China, Vietnam, Taiwan, etc. Almost everyone produces there and the components or raw materials come from many other countries. You have to produce there to remain competitive.

But the other thing is innovation and know-how, which is always tried to steal or copy. Some companies buy a product, unscrew it, disassemble it, and then rebuild it. But there are also inventions that are protected by patents.

But now you want to protect local products, local products like RME have the advantage, you have German-speaking support.

And German thoroughness and German innovation and a great deal of accumulated knowledge, i.e. engineering,
    which benefits you as a user. Yuer company from China cannot provide this service. Because good service costs
    money and in order to push the product below the competitive prices, savings are made there.

That's why you should support companies like RME etc. that offer us good products and good service.

19. PopstarKiller

PopstarKiller Platinum Record

Why wouldn't you expect to see it in Thomann? they have in-house brands that offer knockoffs of pretty much anything, with little attempt to hide the fact. And there's nothing wrong with it.

Anyway, if that interface was really a copy of the Focusrite, I'd prefer to buy it, because I don't want to give any of my money to Focusrite, who knowingly sell buggy products, yet hide those faults and advertise them as top of the line.

20. clone

clone Audiosexual

All this talk about various kinds of junk would lead one to believe this thread is about the Focusrite.

21. Legotron

Legotron Audiosexual

• Interesting Interesting x 3
    • List