Youtube warning regarding adblockers

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Sylenth.Will.Fall, Dec 3, 2023.

1. Crinklebumps

Crinklebumps Audiosexual

Important point that may affect some people - it caught me out: ublock origin wasn't working for me with the anti-adblocker despite following all of the instructions to make it work. Turns out the Enhancer for Youtube plugin I'm using with Firefox has an adblocker that needs to be disabled in its options. Once I did that ublock origin works perfectly. Maybe once a week or more I have to reset and update the filters but then it immediately works again.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. jazzzz

jazzzz Platinum Record

Which is the extension for android?

3. genophyte

genophyte Producer

oh man thats not even the tip of the "shoudn't be on youtube iceberg "

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

still nothing here, works with ublock origin. but if they do, i will simply download youtube videos - i do this already since 7 months for longer ones.

on another device i had this already, couldnt figure out how to bypass it.

But i will be only a lose for youtube, bcs i watch in no way any ads.

5. mephisto

mephisto Newbie

:rofl:

6. pratyahara

pratyahara Guest

It started blocking me again this afternoon. Tampermonkey helped, but at times I get blocked with contradictory info as this:
    YT gone crazy.png

7. houdini23

houdini23 Noisemaker

I don't know but my adblocker doesn't give a shit about new rules.. it was sometime ago but looks like they also get updated.

8. xorome

xorome Audiosexual

Nothing yet, uBlock Origin plus hosts file.

9. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

they roll it out over time on all accounts. So it could be it wasnt activated on your account yet.

10. kola

kola Member

11. PartyShit

PartyShit Producer

Yea weird thing is:
    Only Google Chrome is banning me from youtube when I use uBlock Origin (that's the best extension for blocking everything)
    But Firefox doesn't care I don't know I use some blocker and it has no problems only Chrome.hmmm

12. Reverend Alden

Reverend Alden Newbie

13. pratyahara

pratyahara Guest

There is also a free program MediaHuman mTube (with less options than freetube)
    https://www.mediahuman.com/mtube/12/

Both have lower-quality sound reproduction compared to YouTube on Chrome.

14. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Audiosexual

SAD TIMES we live in.

Where people are offered a free service only to be bombarded with ads, with the free service trying to force people to pay for an annoyance free service or get banned from the supposed free service if they block the ads. If YouLubed were struggling you could understand it, but with billions of revenue annually, there is no excuse except pure GREED.

15. Strat4ever

Strat4ever Rock Star

I hate being bombarded by ads that the more they are displayed anywhere the more I hate the products and will never buy them anyways. I use my opinion to influence others that they are ripoffs, garbage, inferior and totally useless so don't buy them that only an imbecile or brainwashed moron would buy them.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
  16. scarsstiches

scarsstiches Producer

Ublock Origin is the truth. The intrusion of warnings only started when i decided to uninstall ublock origin and try AdGuard for a while...

17. Moleman

Moleman Platinum Record

uBlock Origin on youtube

and

127.0.0.1 jnn-pa.googleapis.com

in hosts file

i stopped seeing mandatory intro ads before each video and no longer receiving any threats or popups for premium subscribtion

18. Folks....first off...if you are using Google Chrome....THAT is the root of your problems. Stop using Chrome.

Second....if you use a VPN, but STILL use Chrome, that's another problem. A VPN masks your IP, sure...BUT YOUR INTERNET CONNECTION ITSELF STILL HAS YOUR LOCAL IP, lol. You "trick" whatever you're accessing online, however, the reverse of that is THEY know exactly where you are regardless and KNOW you are using a VPN, lol.

Third...here is what has worked for me for years....Opera browser....uBlock. That's it. For the most part, it rarely has to be update (uBlock)...and, when you need to do it, just go into the extension settings and update all. Reload browser and you're good to go.

Sure, it sucks to NOT be viewing ads...as that is the ONLY way YT content creators get paid...by AD views, not video views....but, then again, if I can NOT add to someone's hustle then I am happy.

19. Funk U

Funk U Platinum Record

What do you mean by this exactly? I added that string you said to my hosts file but still get the adblocker pop-up. So I was curious what you mean with above quote. Thanks.