YouTube-Promotion

Discussion in 'Internet for Musician' started by Someone, Jan 26, 2014.

1. Someone

Someone Noisemaker

I thought about sending my music to a YouTube-Promotion channel.

This topic is adressed to people who have either experience with YouTube or similar promotion services/channels/blogs, and can share their experiences with me, or people who just know a lot about all that promotion/label/signing/legal stuff. I just wanted to hear some suggestions or tips that might be useful, on how to deal with these promoters or if there are any legal-traps/gaps I should know of.

3. onhappin

onhappin Ultrasonic

So many views and still no reply? :unsure: I'd be interested in this too unless it involves rocket science, of course...

4. Someone

Someone Noisemaker

I guess there aren't many people around here having experience...

Well, I gotta try it, and will post my experiences here, so at least people who find this thread later will have some information.

Edit: Well I tried it, didnt work out. Contacted 5 channels and 2 blogs, one rejection and six didnt bother to answer at all. Sorry I cant help more, I can only tell you that these promoters mostly dont have the decency to tell you that they wont promote you.

5. davea

davea Platinum Record

Well mate, check this:
    http://www.rebelmouse.com

& this guy:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/lorenweisman

Cheers

6. Polymetrix

Polymetrix Platinum Record

I know that this thread is old but I wanted to say "at least I'm not alone". I am using YouTube for my music so it's a slightly different setting but it's the same story. Most people I contact don't even bother answering and others tell me that they don't review/promote music (in case they're focused on YouTubers) or vice versa.

I know that YouTube is mostly a thing of consistency and patience but if you receive a lot of (very) nice feedback one can easily feel helpless if you can't reach out to more people by yourself.

7. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

I only ever get emails asking me to join those things a week after getting a 'strike ' meaning I cant post anything over 15 minutes anyway.

8. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

really SWF..?? and have you told us your yt chan name as yet? maybe I missed something... :bleh:

9. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

yeah we wanna know the chan. name :mates::bleh:

10. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual