Your top Three Top Guitarists?

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by Montgent, Dec 30, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Martel

Martel Platinum Record

:shalom:

2. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Derp

3. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Todd Rundgren is definitely one of my favorites, and Ronnie Montrose as well, and while both are great players I doubt anyone would accuse either of being "the best"...

4. Levitate

Levitate Producer

Tony Iommi,Kenny Hickey,& Nigel Tufnel

5. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

Sorry I can name more than 100 that moved me in a special way for totally different reasons, with well over 50+ years of listening but not 3.No favourites either because what you called nonsense being they're all great, means they all moved me. If that does not suffice, too bad.
    I can maybe? name three in each style of Rock, R&B, Contemporary Rock, Swing, BeBop, Hard Bop, Reggae, Funk, Smooth Jazz, Country, Country-Rock, Fusion, Classical...(and several more)and that will definitely surmount to over 100.

EXAMPLE:
    Django Reinhart, Pat Metheny, Wes Montgomery, Pat Martino, Hiram Bullock, Yngwie Malmsteen, Steve Vai, Steve Howe, Martin Barre, Jimi Hendrix, John Williams, Segovia, Eddie Van Halen, Eric Clapton, Ron Wood, Keith Richards, Charlie Christian, Peter Banks, Kerry Livgren, BB King, Freddie King, Robert Johnson, Bob Marley, Junior Wells, Jay Graydon, Steve Lukather, Larry Carlton, Lee Ritenour, Al Dimeola, Scott Henderson, Tommy Emmanuel. Guthrie Govan, Steve Morse, Ritchie Blackmore, Eric Gale, Jimmy Page, Carlos Santana, Frank Zappa, Joe Satriani, John McLaughlin, Alan Holdsworth, Barney Kessel, Les Paul, Jim Hall....etc....................
    I can go on with many more and they ALL moved me with something they did musically at one point in time

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2023
  6. eway

eway Ultrasonic

Honestly I can't name 3 guitarists over hundreds existing and who are incredible to me. A top 100 is more représentative. Of course you'll tell me pick your top 3, but it will never be the same without naming the 97 others.

7. tori

tori Platinum Record

Brian May
    Jonny Greenwood
    ..... Noel Gallagher xD

8. JohnEncore

JohnEncore Ultrasonic

Pat Metheny, John Scofield, Jimi Hendrix

9. Bird Jones

Bird Jones Member

Teenie Hodges (nobody sounds like that now)
    Jimi Hendrix (nobody really does that either)
    Prince (few guitarists can make their solo sound like the human voice, and of those people, most of them have kind of boring voices)

10. triplechin

triplechin Guest

Me
    Jimmy Herring
    John Scofield