Your Top 5 Mixing and Mastering plugins/tools

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by Levitate, Apr 23, 2014.

1. abletonmax

abletonmax Ultrasonic

Top 5 Mixing Tools

1. My ears
    2. Decent speakers
    3. The faders
    4. Pan Control
    5. Good quality samples

2. dsjdsj

dsjdsj Member

SONORIS all day long,the multiband compressor is ridiculous,best multiband comp

3. Marianus

Marianus Ultrasonic

Some are kinda ignorant when it comes about "decent speakers". They just rely on some entry-level coloured Rokits or Mackies and then ask on the forums "how to mix/master in order to sound like pros, how can i make my songs competitive or radio-ready".
    Songs will never be radio-ready on the pro-level if your speakers can't deliver you enough details to fix in your mix. You can't fix what you can't hear.
    Also some might consider that pricey monitors offer just extra loudness and "sweet sound", but the truth is that the more you pay, the more details you afford to hear in your mix so you can fix and improve all that's bad. Of course pricey monitors should be complemented by a good room as well but people should be more aware of the importance of the connectivity between their ears and the piece of music they're trying to polish.

4. Ankit

Ankit Guest

FabFilter:guru: