your thought on dell audio

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by ca5plays, Apr 5, 2016.

Tags:
  1. ca5plays

ca5plays Member

please please plz plz pleese , lend me your most brutal opinion on '' DELL AUDIO WAVES MAXX AUDIO PRO '' all its features , settings , and GO ALL THE WAY on the pros and cons of using to make beats , and the person smart and or stupid enough to use it ...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

as a no-budget producer all i have is a laptop right now,,,,, looking to switch up in the future , looking for the best solution for the " right " audio set up to just make beats , and then listen to music and movies and games , and what laptop or desktop set up should i get ,

i am pc only , i really never want to ever touch a mac but if mac is the best audio quality wise i might pay someone to run that devil box , lol , but im trying to build a pc basically but only for audio production , but nothing crazy just a pc that gives me the clearness and best audio quality so i can at least have propper audio to send to other people for mastering and stuffs ( shrugs ) ????????????? , im looking for a finger thats pointing in the right direction , any fingers....... no not that one ........!!!! help help help sos sos , save our studio , lolololol thanks again bies

3. ca5plays

ca5plays Member

bumpy bump

4. Moonlight

Moonlight Audiosexual

The AudioConverter is much more important regarding the Audio Quality than the OS.

5. spiggy

spiggy Ultrasonic

I had to Google it to have any idea what you were talking about. As a rule, any built in sound device on a PC/laptop is garbage. That being said, it sounds like this was designed for audio hobbiests. It all comes down to how serious you want to get. The most important things with a DAW on a PC is having your OS streamlined, remove as much junk running realtime as possible, and the quality of your audio adapter. Does this Dell/Waves thing record/playback in 24bit? If it gives you fancy (crappy) playback effects for listening but everything is still in 16 bit then its just a toy for listening to CDs/streaming music, etc. In that case if you are serious about making music I would buy a good USB audio adapter. But if it does record/playback in high quality then I would turn off all its effects and use the effects withing your DAW. Again, it's all a matter of your goal. If you're just trying to have fun it doesn't really matter.

6. HPF

HPF Kapellmeister

why should someone even consider using laptop speakers for pro audio? Might be the boxes will play your youtube flix in a slightly better quality than the cheapest builtins, or let you even enjoy your fav game audio experience, but nothing more. There are rules of physics that not even waves or dell can break - maybe in future when its possible to stimulate ur brain to make up sound right in your head via blacktooth ^^ take any decent laptop with external active speakers/monitors or good headphones, get an external audio interface and youre good to go, maybe even the builtin audio device will suffice the task.

7. artwerkski

artwerkski Audiosexual

bumpety too.
    but, you can make decent things on any oyster. Dell or Apple. Both DAC's pretty much suck on anything away from 44.1/16.
    Yet, with some good cans you can do miracles.
    Don't be fooled, if you are prepared to put some body and effort into it, you will make it work. :)
    Luiz