Your recommended set up for Mac m1 Sonoma users which require SIP temporarily off?

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Pedra Sofia, Jan 23, 2024.

1. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

So allot of things cant take place with out turning SIP off, certain folder permissions on close to root level, certain sister site adjustments...etc, so I wanted to know what you all recommend to run smoother.

example: restart in SIP, turn off, reboot, give admin permissions to applications, Macintosh Library, Application Support..reboot with SIP on and now you can install certain drivers and make it work.

or for example, I work with SIP enabled, disabled only during the installation, but cant we give ourselves permissions to certain folders and after re enabling SIP we can then not run into permissions denied for silly things like audio fx or applications folder

Last edited: Jan 23, 2024
  3. johntitor2051

johntitor2051 Newbie

if you can, downgrade os, otherwise...you'll be able to deactivate sip entering in safe mode, go to the terminal there and write csrutil disable, restart your mac. Do your stuff and when you finished, go back in safe mode and write csrutil enable in the terminal, reboot.

4. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

does this appear correct? upload_2024-1-23_21-20-30.png

OpenCore Legacy Patcher (OCLP),but my iMac is 2020 m1
    and what about limited permissions, you get these errors when trying to install things with patches, like failed due to permissions.

5. johntitor2051

johntitor2051 Newbie

never heard of this OCLP, do as my method. On my macbook m1 it works every time

6. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

do you know anything about the permissions issues with newer macs, like sometimes you go to tag folder and you have to put the password or put the password and it says you’re not allowed, do I have to give myself permission, well, SIP off, and then turn it back on ?