Your opinion on Acustica Audio Plugins ?

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Lucas Schauer, Nov 25, 2023.

1. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

what about all the presets or what? all the plugs don't have presets but a few.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 15, 2024
  2. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

IF you have El Rey you get ratio is below 1.5:1 with nice harmonics, the softube/UAD Tube-Tech CL-1B is also very good, Old Timer is nice but you need to add a few things to get the same results.

its good, a bit work, better off with El Rey unless you need transparent.

3. Lad Impala

Lad Impala Rock Star

thank you, that was very helpful!
    nice comparison between the CL1B and the Old timer, though i think the old timer would've sounded better with a lower ratio setting. In the video i think CL1B was sounding better, a more modern sound for sure

4. eli91

eli91 Ultrasonic

This may be one of my problems with El Rey. I was using it in a conservative, just-a-couple-dBs, way. I'll try some extreme settings!

Funny enough, I've been revising my latest projects and found out that I tend to go for that dead 1176 (+subtle opto, sometimes) bass sound. I don't quite like the sound of it, it's just a lazy solution that makes the mixing easier, and I was thinking about some alternatives. This may be a good one!

Yesterday I spent a while casually testing the El Rey, and I also discovered that the difference between the HYPER and STANDARD mode is day and night?? I didn't realize it, but wow, I like the standard one so so so much better.

I love the Novation, too. I have a love-hate relationship with Kush's plugins (they sound nice but they can also easily get out of control, and I often tend to go for a safer alternative) but NOVATRON, SILIKA, and specially BLYSS are great. BLYSS to me is what plugins like bx_enhancer should be and are not.

Yeah, I had noticed the slow attack. It can be controlled by the SHMOD but I haven't found any convincing results yet, maybe because I also dislike the shape of the release (it's fasther than other 1176 emulations, though). It's weird, it gets so much compression and distortion even with the subtlest settings. I'll use it on some vocals as soon as I get the opportunity, the color may be nice for that.

5. BaSsDuDe

BaSsDuDe Guest

I played with the Ultramarine reverb on some tracks that cannot suffer a lot of reverb. So easy to use and it sounded very good and not over the top. Surprised the crap out of me. Overall their plugins are good but I do not believe they are better than everything else out there. In many cases, sound-colouring plugins are only useful if you want the sound coloured and a lot of AA's plugins colour the sound.

6. Pedra Sofia

Pedra Sofia Ultrasonic

all reverbs and even amp sim are getting extremely close to the real thing