Your IP address has been banned

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by Jim Bob, Jun 15, 2022.

1. Jim Bob

Jim Bob Kapellmeister

Suddenly when using my VPN I can't connect to Audiosex because my address is banned.
    What gives?

3. clipper

clipper Producer

I can never leave a comment in sister site... Don't know if there's anything in common but... an admin tried to help me, but... two years later and still the same... can't comment there.

4. notrace

notrace Producer

Not sure why it would suddenly occur but I've had a similar issue sometimes connecting to one site I use, while all other sites have no issue when I'm connected to my VPN. Don't experience that problem here though. More then likely something had to change.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2022
  5. clone

clone Audiosexual

I'm not sure what sort of answer you will get, that you did not already get from an admin helping you out. That makes me think it is due to your ISP or VPN as @notrace mentioned already. I would also try using a different browser, Opera is pretty good for an almost proxy/vpn type of effect.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. karatebaka

karatebaka Member

your VPN provider use 1 IP for multiple users connected to same server. AudioSex probably detected the IP as spam because of it.
    Some websites do that.

7. macros

macros Guest

chiming in to say i've been using a vpn since i found the sister site a little less than a year ago, been working fine. except for nitro/katfiles where it's like, Oh you can't use a VPN to download this. lol uhhh no thanks i'll keep using a VPN. I HAVE a few times while jumping around locations to skip the hour wait for rapid run into where someone using the same vpn company must have beat me to the punch because it said something along the lines of the IP already being used there.

SO either it's your specific VPN OR someone else is using it in your location and it looks like two users trying to log on from the same IP. Or something else because i'm not an IT expert. Have you tried changing locations on the VPN and testing if it works?

PS I'm using firefox.

8. clone

clone Audiosexual

One thing I find "interesting" about your problem, is that I would guess someone who was Banned by IP would not be able to download either, rather than just not be able to comment? It would probably bother me more if the Thank You button was greyed out.

9. Olymoon

Olymoon Moderator

Your VPN may have connected using an old IP that was used by spammers.
    Well if you use a VPN, just make it change the address.

No, it can't be the reason, as we don't block ip's even if used by multiple users because we know that many members use VPN.

But bad VPN services do not actualize their IP database and keep ips that have been used by spammers, so these may be banned here, and elsewhere.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2022
  10. AudioTiger

AudioTiger Ultrasonic

1) Try using ANOTHER IP/Country with your VPN.
    2) Try Using Opera without YOUR VPN (use Opera's instead).
    3) Try not using any VPN at all.
    4) Try installing VPN Gate, a free japanese VPN service, and try different VPNed IPs.

With one or more of these methods you WILL, definitely, succeed. For sure.