Your go to sample pack for techno drums?

Discussion in 'Electronic' started by Matt Pook, Apr 1, 2017.

1. Retrolize77

Retrolize77 Audiosexual

Don’t know that 1, I ll try , thx.

2. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

I have a huge collection of samples from drum machines that I use a lot. They're dry! Not all this 808 whatever sample pack vol 47 business.

3. Retrolize77

Retrolize77 Audiosexual

Yeah, sounds like the better way if u got the opportunity to it.
    From the drum stuff I tried I like The Riemann Drums stuff, Niche Audio Global Techno, and Samplephonics 909 Pack the most, along with Mattias Fridell Samplepacks.

Ever tried the Clap & Ride from a Roland 626?
    Very nice & elegant if processed in a good way

4. Back in the day (mid-late 90s), we used to exchange hardcore/gabber/freetekno kits like greeting cards. Usually just 909 samples with a million flavors of crazy processing. I don't know if anyone knew where they "originally" came from.

Around 99-01 in NYC at least those rubbery Korg VA sounds were everywhere, from people playing, processing, and sampling electribes. I used to couchsurf and get by on selling the occasional kits from my custom hardware.

If I was going to reach for drum samples right now, I would start with DrivenMachineDrums, Goldbaby, Useful Noise.

Here's the thing - analog drum sounds are simple. And there are only so many ways to record and process the same boxes. Besides that, I always hacked my drum machines for hands-on control, and get tired of listening to static samples I can't tweak. So I am more likely to synthesize original drum sounds so that I have control. I like the 808, but it be played out AF. Like lots of gear, it gets so fetishized that people include it more as a ritual than for any deliberately thought out reason.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2018
  5. Nana Banana

Nana Banana Guest

I usually use Wave Alchemy Revolution, but with my last few tracks I've been giving Roland Cloud's 909 a shot ...with the right Compressor and EQ it doesn't sound half bad :wink:

6. mopa4000

mopa4000 Newbie

Yes, Wave Alchemy Revolution and Wave Alchemy Drum Tools (02), absolutely.
    Then everything Riemann.
    The Whitenoise Records stuff is also good.
    Then there is the Systematic Records Signature stuff.

Most of them are sampled from analog drum machines so there are a lot of redundancies.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List