Your Favorite VST for Audio Processing...

Discussion in 'Software' started by MrLyannMusic, Nov 19, 2015.

1. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

Hey Guys,

Hope you're well,

hmm how can i put this, i know many of what i'm gonna ask has been posted and asked before here on our Beloved Forum, so please excuse me for all those nooby questions...

well i have been working with sound and audio for quite some time now, i've gained my skills and knowledge, i may know what i need, but i feel like i'm still missing some stuff, maybe using wrong plugins or putting them in the wrong place or using them in the wrong time...

so what i'm gonna ask is

Your favorite Delay, Reverb, Compressors, Chorus, filters, exciters all sort of things...
    what kinda of Chains you use on Vocals, on Guitars and acoustic ones, what do you use on the bass Guitar, what do you use on Synths, Choirs, Strings, Brass everything...

i wanna see how people work & react with their sounds, i wanna know how and why you prefer that plugin, wanna know why you use it at that specific time, why not this before that...

i believe that we can learn from each other, by exchanging our knowledge...

maybe other topics exists, maybe some of you are tired of writing it again and again, but hope you have the time to write it one last time for all of us, and i believe if people, actually did share their experience in this Thread it may save some of us sometimes, i don't know how to put it all this in one phrase, anyway, all i'm asking is to give me not only me, but everyone who is interested in some other's experience some of your time...

you may as well tell us some of your secret techniques and stuff, i'm happy to share as well, but i'm not sure if anyone is interested in mine, if you are just ask and i'll do my best writing about it,

so hope that everyone will be interested in this thread and hope that everyone says a word or two so we can make it a big thread for everyone...

Please no bad Replies or bad attitude, if you don't have anything good to say or tell, please leave your comments to yourself...

Wanna keep this as POSITIVE thing as possible.

THANK YOU VERY MUSH,

and hope you have a great time,

MLM

3. Death Thash Doom

Death Thash Doom Platinum Record

That is very broad area to cover, Still I shall do my best to answer/cover most of it after I have had some sleep, Not slept for well over 48 hours so I'm just too exhausted to think straight, Functioning on fumes/zombie autopilot MLM dude

Catch you soon, All the best

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

delay: ableton delays, grain delay
    chorus: ableton one, Kontakt5 chorus me gusta
    reverb: ableton reverb, Valhalla DSP reverbs and Liquidsonics Reverberate
    filter: auto filter, me gusta the new features

Vocals: i used CSR Inverse for vocals in the past, still looking for a real inverse reverb, not sure if the liquidsonics one can handle to rever the IR in the plugin, if not i have to reverse it in goldwave by hand

Guitar? Chorus, delay, haas effect (a delay on short ms and quite high wet value), some reverb

i prefer the plugins for simplicity, daw integration and why should i use others, when these ones work like i wanted them work?

i start with audio material in kontakt and work from there.

the best way is to sit down and try yourself, find a way for your own, you will discover a whole new world nobody has seen before. :wink:
    best help you can get from dedicated forums to your genre like on reddit, just post piece of music and ask what people think about, tips will come from alone. describe exactly what you want to change, you will be surprised sometimes people say, i really this that way, keep it ...?!:winker:

5. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

UP... just reviving the thread...

6. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

Just a heads up. Bumping threads is discouraged. :wink:

Anyways, I try to stick to the basics. One to two of each required plugin type. For example I use a convolution reverb and an algorithmic reverb. I use a coloring compressor and a transparent one. For things like delay, I tend to use something powerful enough to achieve any sound I would actually want, but don't use the full power for every application of the plugin (Sigmund for example, powerful as all get out, but can do simple delays as well). If a plugin doesn't have a legitimate purpose in my workflow, I remove it. Simplifying your setup in this manner can be very liberating. If in question about the usefulness of a particular plugin, simply A/B the workhorse you are using with the new plugin in an actual project you are working on. For me, this really distinguishes the plugins that are useful to me from the ones that are not. Hope this helps. :)

7. Olaf

Olaf Platinum Record

I use Rack Spacer a lot. A great VST, never makes a track sound worse, really resource-efficient, and completely free.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2015
  8. DG Wyler

DG Wyler Newbie

Fabfilter bundle for sure! I really love the intuitive way they work. I can't imagine myself producing, mixing or mastering without them!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  9. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Yeah man.. Couldn't agree more.. They should really charge for it.. it's just that good.

I like to use it on my vocal tracks.. and always on the master. +1

10. kouros

kouros Platinum Record

I use it to keep power cables away from my VST's.

11. One Reason

One Reason Audiosexual

Anyway.. My chain for pretty much everything is..

Trial and error.

I don't think asking what everyone else uses will benefit you much at all.

Dig in, find out for yourself, do the hard, time consuming grunt work.

Formulate your own chains, results. You'll be better off for it.

This just seems more like shortcutting.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Army of Ninjas

Army of Ninjas Rock Star

How have I not seen this before LOL!? Well, I took the Pepsi challenge. Sounds IDENTICAL to my single space solid and vented panels. Nailed it on the 2 space vented panel too. I haven't tried it against my 4 space non-vented panel yet. But I trust it will nail that one too. Great piece of kit.

13. korte1975

korte1975 Guest

klanghelm, fabfilter, u-he, reaper, studio one, live9