Your favorite Filter Plugins?

Discussion in 'Software' started by Retrolize77, Jan 7, 2018.

1. Death Thash Doom

Death Thash Doom Platinum Record

I think that the one's I like have been mentioned already:
    Sonalksis Creative Filter
    Fabfilter Micro And Volcano 2
    Cytomic The Drop
    PSPaudioware I can't recall the name of the plugin off the top of my head, It does more than filtering but the filtering is a good aspect
    Waves MetaFilter
    Sugar Bytes WOW/WOW2 for the vowel stuff and modulation options, Not in the same league as say The Drop but still effective
    Boz Digital Labs Bark of Dog is a one trick pony but the one trick it does is a good one.
    Then AirWindows have a few very interesting processing plugins which incorporate filtering in them, Well worth trying.
    As people have mentioned EQ's with quite a range of options are also capable of great filtering results, In that respect
    I really love Tokyo Dawn Labs/Tokyo Dawn Records, apulSoft apEQ/apqualzr/apqualzr2, FabFilter Pro-Q/Pro-Q 2 among others.
    apulSoft's apqualzr2 is a real gem with modulation abilities similar to that which can be found in FabFilter's Volcano 2 and other plugins along with allowing one to stack as many instances on a frequency as you wish really that adds a lot of creative power as well as it being a very
    good equalizer all around, It's well worth demoing, I've been on board since it was apEQ.

Cheers and all the best to all as always

2. Recoil

Recoil Guest

I bought only one :dunno:

3. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Oh no no, I don't even know what that is. I meant Ableton Autofilter. Sounds alright to me and you really can't beat the ease of use, easy access, and light footprint.

4. mpderry

mpderry Member

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  5. Frank 212

Frank 212 Newbie

Fabfilter volcano, fxpansion etch and the drop

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. electriclash

electriclash Guest

[​IMG]

bought this last night, thank you :goodpost::wink::wink:

7. reliefsan

reliefsan Audiosexual

my go to:
    Arturia minifilter v
    the drop
    sound toys filterfreak1/2
    tone2 filterbank
    abelton autofilter

just got my hands on audiodamage filterstation2. it seems really simple and to the point so far

8. Death Thash Doom

Yes that is the one N20, It's a good one for in general FSU if that is what is required, It's quite to similar to using some of the old and very limited digital effects with not much headroom and shoddy A/D D/A converters, I smash the input stages and then start turning controls and all sorts of the right kind of wrong starts coming out, N20 is capable of similar which only few others cover very well, Sonic Charge's effects plugins I'd include in that area of nailing the sounds and oddities available for I guess would be almost "vintage" digital units :) There was one before it if my memory serves it was called nitro.
    I really like their dynamics processors and equalizers, In fact I can not think of a plugin they've done which isn't very good through to just top-notch at whatever it is aimed at. Thanks for the memory jog @mpderry :phunk:

9. mpderry

mpderry Member

You're welcome! Nice to see that friends from PSP doing a good job (I'm not sayn this, because they are friends, and I'm a beta tester on some of their plugs). Now I'm testing their reverb PSP Nexcellence. Clear, simple, but you need to dial internal EQ.

• Like Like x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  10. NicoDPS

NicoDPS Platinum Record

I use ableton autofilter and soundtoys filterfreak.

11. taskforce

taskforce Audiosexual

My latest favs is the PSP stompFilter and UAD Moog Multimode Filter XL, i also like Cytomic's The Drop, the Xils lab R.A.M.S.E.S and U-he's Filterscape, and sometimes Waves Metafilter.
    If i had to use only one it would be the UAD because it has all the features i need and the sound too but it is also the most expensive and of course is hardware dependent. If you have a UAD DSP powered card though, i consider it a must.

12. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Filterscape is such a cool looking plugin. That EQ snapshot sequencer is one of the coolest ideas I've ever seen in an FX plugin.

I'd like to buy it someday. Urs has talked on the KVR forum about how he'd like to update it to include some better filter algos. Says it annoys him that U-he is famous for their filters and their dedicated filter plugin doesn't stack up to their synths. Sadly they're a small operation with market demands, maintenance updates, and labor costs to deal with so the opportunity cost makes it kind of a low priority.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Cytomic The Drop! => Highest quality i ever (personally) used since a year and a half.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    It made me regret buying FF's Simplon 3 years ago (my ex-go-to).
    I tried many filtering plugins, but The Drop came first every time.
    If i don't need it for sweeps or any automated filtering, then for shaping sweet organic tones i'd use my Lime or Emerald (Acustica's) filters.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  14. segglyuk

segglyuk Kapellmeister

Good is Tone2 Bifilter2 .. - just be careful not to be a virus ..:)

15. electriclash

electriclash Guest

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  16. Free Agent

Free Agent Platinum Record

Since many years i used many filters but really Sonalkiss Creative Filter is most cool one for me too. HY-Filter is also good for some dramatic filters.

• List
  17. Lonely_Avatar

Lonely_Avatar Ultrasonic

SCAMP, anyone? :D

[​IMG]

18. Retrolize77

Retrolize77 Audiosexual

Yip , just got the limited version, but easy to use & effective, would like to have full version, even better filterscape or the drop , but on no-budget here, as I don’t make money with music, and didn’t manage to get the drop running on Mac from sistersite.
    But like volcano 2

19. Death Thash Doom

He'd do it in a heart beat too including implementing for example all the filters which have shown up in DIVA and so much more! And it'd be a competitor with The Drop by Andy for most awesome in the box filter. However yeah keeping up releasing the instruments and then fixes along with always a demand for more u-he synths keeps him, the Mrs. Heckman and the small team very busy indeed.
    It was a great score when they snagged the talents of the digital fishphones guy and MAGIX plugins guy Sascha for the processing/effects stuff as addition to the small but incredible team (Satin, Presswerk, Uhbik). Howard is by far one of the most talented preset creating wizards around as is BigTone Studios, Nico is a top bloke too in that departmet along with being a top bloke all around and of course they work with Hans Zimmer also in the patch process which is not something 99.9% of others can say the same about, I know he has been on-board with Spitfire for specific libraries. You know MFM2 has an almost cult like base of users which is really cool and the Zebra user's, They are some of the greatest people around, That community which has built itself around u-he and Zebra is a special thing, The number of patches that they've created and do the overwhelming majority of them do not ask for any shekels for the time they've put in is excellent, There is pretty much a bank/soundset to cover anything imaginable.
    I know that they would if it we're feasible be releasing eurorack modules, Can you imagine how great that would be for any modular synth heads!?! A real ACE to play with, A real Bazille and even a modules of Zebra...etc. it'd be sick/amazing!
    That was what I loved so much apart from having many, many great friends at KVR, Being able to communicate very straight forwardly with developers such as Urs, Angus of FXpansion, Sean Costello of ValhallaDSP, Andy of Cytomic amongst many, many others that it'd take me far too long to list.
    However I got sick to back teeth along with the majority of friends there and just stopped visiting regular, It became overrun with idiots that we're smug, smarmy and just ruined the atmosphere. Still the access to the developers is what makes it a great forum, I also got tired of similar sort of thing at Gearslutz which drove Me away to find this forum where everyone I've interacted with are decent, friendly and not up their own arse's...Hails and praises to you all here for making a proper community \m/ Dean aka Nekro/Nekro Machine \m/ (If you are a KVR old school member then we probably know each other and that will tell you exactly who I am)

Cheers

• Like Like x 4
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  20. MMJ2017

MMJ2017 Audiosexual

FabFilter pro bundle