Your experience of Scan Computers UK (3XS Pro Audio Workstations)

Discussion in 'PC' started by belinea2010, Nov 22, 2020.

1. belinea2010

belinea2010 Kapellmeister

Hi gang

This is mainly for those of us in the UK as I don't now if this company sells overseas.

If anyone has purchased a Pro Audio 3xs Workstation PC or Laptop from Scan Computers what was your experience like? There seems to be some horror storys about them in gaming forums (they bulid gaming systems also)

On their configuration page they give quick build, test and delivery times and as part of the purchase you get what they call 2 years Premium Support and email updates at each stage from picking to dispatch

If you have bought from them how was:

Promised picking, build, testing and delivery times?

Promised emails and updates?

After sales support?

Tech Support?

What do you think of the system now you have it?

Can it do what they claim it can?

They make a lot of promises and thier website certainly looks slick but that does not mean a thing unless they actually deliver.

I would be really interested on your expeiences as there are other companies to choose from.

3. justanengineer

justanengineer Member

Scan are very good from my past experience. Fast shipping and support, they kept the delivery times and the workstation was very well built. I've shopped there for over 15 years and always been happy with their service.

4. Bitmonkey

Bitmonkey Producer

Ordered numerous things from them over the years and never had a single issue, but never bought a fully built machine from them.

That said, the problem with buying any workstation pre-built online is not so much often the guys in the shop putting it together as much as the couriers throwing them around the vans which often loosen things inside and cause no end of support issues.

5. RitchieM

RitchieM Rock Star

I have had 2 studio PC’s, the latest being the Dr Mix DAW, couple of work CAD laptops and a few office PCs. I think they are great. Service always excellent and prompt. At the moment they are down a bit on pre-COVID, but that’s to be expected.

With regards to the delivery, each machine is packed internally with bubble wrap for protection, just remember to remove it! First one I didnt and made some very loud and scary noises until I saw the piece of A4 with a diagram warning to take it out! What can I say, I was excited :rofl:

Last edited: Nov 23, 2020
  6. joem

joem Producer

best company for pcspcparts and equipment....Full stop theres no one better( i am an employee of scans and one of there builders so take my word and the honest and out right truth)

7. famouslut

famouslut Audiosexual

My experience w/ them is limited to one purchase, but when things went wrong (it was just a psu, albeit w/ platinum rating) they reneged on the warranty (supposed to be liek 10 years or w/e) and I had to return it to the manufacturer! (Who were great and even apologetic) I guess the reason it failed is because their staff chucked it around for lulz?

Quite a pita, and I got angry, accusatory mail from them "your fault"! Never again. Like most things, you only get to peek behind the curtain when things go wrong. Customer service is always "brilliant" and "flawless" up until it costs the company something. In my case, their rep. I mean, these days it's a one strike economy.

8. Kev Willow

Kev Willow Newbie

My production laptop is a "3XS scan performance studio laptop" I've had it for 6 years now and it's stood the test of time, it still works really well (albeit a little slower and it can't handle some projects i open) but all in all it's a boss product and they were pretty good with replying to emails when i had queries