Your 808 plugin chain + tips for getting a perfect 808...

Discussion in 'Mixing and Mastering' started by flguy, May 27, 2019.

1. dtmd

dtmd Platinum Record

The holly grail of perfect 808 (303, 606, 909..) sound, is daw channel number. 303 on 303rd, 606 on 606th, 808 on 808th.... Like all those "ultimate hidden secret weapon".. hidden on plain sight subliminal, promotional pimping of any really magick plug-in, every (when I say every, I mean every) daw "manufacturer" somehow "failed to mention" (to no-super-pro users) that hidden super-user masonic common illuminatory knowledge. It is not known what usually same as every other sounding channel, magic channel number xyz, does to sound when proper machine (or library) is pumped true, but it does something big. No q, no comp, no sidechaining, no transient modification, no saturation.... none of tedious fiddling or trial and error experimentation needed. It just blends perfectly with the rest od any genre mix. Of course I'm full of shit. But am I? Try and see. Actually, hear. You just might find yourself in awe-wtf. But beware! If you use this knowledge in your mix, they will recognise it. If no-pro-producer-user is detected as hidden knowledge abuser, he will be eliminated. Like I will be, for spreading this shit out. The truth must be known!

2. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

:mad::hifive::mates:

3. Gyro Gearloose

Gyro Gearloose Audiosexual

thats a cool one...starting 2:42

4. mauin1x

mauin1x Newbie

You can't go wrong with a well rounded Saturation plugin, my go to being Decapitator. Also duplicating the 808 and processing one and messing with the phase gets some amazing tones as well.