You really should get into LINUX ! ! !

Discussion in 'Linux' started by 0on3, Sep 21, 2013.

1. muaB

muaB Kapellmeister

This, and this

and this

installed debian, 2 months ago, i feel its energy, really!
    but it crashed for some reason, supposedly graphics card drivers, which I installed wrong.
    i asked the people at debian user forum- they are nice and know the stuff, but its deep stuff.

2. TW

TW Producer

If you are not an expirienced linux user you should not try to use linux as an audio system. Linux is often more working at the computer and the OS instead of working with the computer on your music.

But i encourage anyone to try a linux like ubuntu as an OS. I love Linux

3. RiffMaster

RiffMaster Member

my only experience of kontakt is on linux so the only way you can answer that is to light it up an see how it rolls , for me it was sound aint used it for a year or so now but libraries ? yeah some were just not avin any of it bud , light one up in a vm an see how you get on ..........

4. RiffMaster

RiffMaster Member

not far from the truth bud

5. RiffMaster

RiffMaster Member

with respekt dude so not true .... just install kxstudio and be blown away , having said that the only reason i started running windows software in house is coz i could not get a drum sound to save my life , i cant live without ezd 2 sd 2 ssd4 and the new ad 2 , linux is eons away from that shit .....

6. huschiwuschi

huschiwuschi Producer

I will immediately switch to Linux as far as there are Drivers available for my RME Audio Interface,
    Nvidia Graphics Card and all VST Plugins I use.
    Before that it simply makes no sense for me, my Hackintosh runs quite goos so far.
    Heck OS X runs better on my PC hardware than Windows 10.

7. RiffMaster

RiffMaster Member

Hell yeah dude if it aint broke etc i only changed coz i was sick to deth of bloody microsoft . Nvidia card drivers for linux are sound and 99% of vsts run fine just that little hiccup of shit support for our interfaces lol . But far more important is our music , dont matter if you change os daw plugins or whatever it wont make any difference , a shit riff in reaper will still be a shit riff in cubase , a disaster of a mix tracked on a pc wont sound better on a mac , us sad loners have to stay as focused as we can on our craft and only change shit when its giving us grief ............