You can Download whatever you want for free

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Recoil ✪, Apr 25, 2024.

1. Toxic Coma

Toxic Coma Member

hey legit question here i am clueless to this. i have seen alot and i mean alot of people on this and sister site say they run win 7 and asking about compatibility. my question is why do people still run windows 7? is it outta choice or is is more stable is it money wise??? just curious. look forward to the response thanks brothers

2. dondada

dondada Rock Star

3. Recoil ✪

Recoil ✪ Rock Star

@Toxic Coma Because it works and there are no stupid updates, you have more control over the system.

@dondada Thanks :shalom:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. Sylenth.Will.Fall

Sylenth.Will.Fall Audiosexual

Absolutely. I'd have no respect for anyone who DIDN'T

5. Sylenth.Will.Fall

The simplest answer I can give you is because I don't believe in messing about with something that just works exactly how I want it to. I have 6 machines in total and have win 10 on a couple of them, but my main one, it will remain win 7

6. Toxic Coma

Toxic Coma Member

thats whats i figured, after seeing it so many times in forums and site i can see the downside of the version 7 unless im missing something would be a pain in the ass of running a older operation system w new software. is that a common problem w 7 or is it almost the opposite bc of how much more control w more ease.. thanks for verifying it ether way my brother

7. Toxic Coma

Toxic Coma Member

as you can assume my music hobbys....would it be beneficial as far as if one made the change from 10/11 i have a spare computer hp laptop that struggles to say the least that could benefit from it now i think of it, its only a few years old but it runs like windows 98 loading a free AOL disk. haha if you lived in US you def know what i mean!

8. Sylenth.Will.Fall

It's more than that though. With every new operating system Microsoft releases, there is less and less control over your own computer. If I want to update it, I should be allowed to control what or indeed if anything I choose to update. With 7 I still can. With 10 I have to jump through hoops to prevent it.

The only reason I have 10 on 2 machines is really so I can learn about networking with them (They are extremely old computers dual core, and one is even a pentium 4..) On 7 I can do it in seconds using 'Homegroup' On 10 it's a nightmare setting up for me as they removed the Homegroup feature and replaced it with some half arsed alternative I cant seem to fathom!

The other thing is. I haven't come across a single plugin I would say I was clambering for that isn't available on 7.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2024 at 6:32 AM