Yosemite

Discussion in 'Mac / Hackintosh' started by BumBcL0t, Oct 19, 2014.

1. BumBcL0t

BumBcL0t Producer

What's the general consensus around here about upgrading to Yosemite? Anyone updated yet and if so how are things running for you?

I totally skipped Mavericks and am still running ML 10.8.5. Everything is working great so I'm in two minds about whether to finally bite the bullet and update.

peace. :thumbsup:

3. amenofis

amenofis Newbie

Hi, I¨d had somes dudes aboput yosemite because I own a macbook pro ( later 2008).
    Some weeks ago I installed a beta and my m-audio profile 610 doesn´t work. The driver
    was unrecognized.
    Now I´ve installed the final release and the system goes fine. The m-audio profile 610
    turns on.
    All is ok. The only issue is that my Ram is only 4 Gb, and I need to install a memory booster.
    Tkns.

4. OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef

OrganicSpaceRaisedMoonBeef Producer

Im on 10.8.5 too. I wont do mavericks and worry about Yosemite messing with the file structure again. Mavericks changed some of how permissions work, hidden files and some system file locations, and other things relating to file systems.

I know some users here go to whatever is new, but alot of them also dont do file modifications and arent concerned with security or knowing their OS (as some of us are).

Essentially you WILL be getting the mavericks update plus some other new useless iphone integration bloatware BS. From what i read about it. Lots of I-Device integration, little else besides transparent windows (which is IMO the only cool feature, but can be done with software already).

5. kingchubby

kingchubby Rock Star

Mavericks is alright. No issues here.

6. peejaypv

peejaypv Newbie

really alright.
    no issues with full 64 bits

7. GodHimSelf

GodHimSelf Platinum Record

It is alright here. Somehow it is not as good as Mavericks. Don't ask why, just doesn't feel. Some of the new features are cool. But it feels early...

8. paraplu020

paraplu020 Banned

i think it's a great update and most important i haven't had any major issues with audio plugins at all, everything but some soundtoys plugins work perfectly... i also think the new look is very nice, i like the new system font, it's a lot more clear imo, the whole 'flat' look is pretty and the new dark menu bar is a nice touch too.. nothing but positive stuff for me for all the purposes i use my computer for.. (mostly audio related stuff and some games)
    And last but not least my macbook pro 17 inch early 2011 responds a little bit faster in general *yes*

i cannot find a problem listed in this thread which can't be easily solved, isn;t it normal to tweak your computer a little bit to your likings overtime you install a new os? it's a one time thing and then it's done... :dunno:

9. franknitty69

franknitty69 Newbie

i upgraded yesterday. all the usual suspects work (audio, video, etc). all interfaces work (motu, rme, uad). i did notice some processes hanging (callservicesd, com.apple.audio.infohelper, com.apple.geod, coreaudiod, google chrome, identityservicesd and safarinotiificationagent) but they don't seem to affect anything.

10. freerider197

freerider197 Noisemaker

if you are using Ableton Live as DAW this could be usefull https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/yosemite-compatibilty/
    Im' on 10.9 and except for the graphics changes, i don's see any reason to upgrade to yosemite.
    My set up work perfectly after days and days of going mad in order to synch every driver/plugin/software.... i don't wanna to risk again *no*

11. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Kapellmeister

i upgraded last night & all is working fine,Yosemite boot and shutdown more faster than Mavericks,i had to upgrade because i was having some issues with Maverick but now everything is working just fine with Yosemite.

12. Balisani

Balisani Member

No issues with either software or hardware to report.

Running Logic 10.0.7, DSP Quattro, Pianoteq and Komplete 8 with all UAD, PSP and FabFilter plugins on a MacBookPro Quad i7/8GB RAM with either RME FF800 (in the studio) or Apogee Duet (on the road).

It took over three hours to update though (including the download) and the install rebooted (itself) several times, so be patient with the process.

13. Davey Jones

Davey Jones Producer

Upgraded and I'm having issues activating Ableton Live. Other than that, everything else works. And it does look good.

14. pimpdrop

pimpdrop Ultrasonic

Yeah. That Ableton Live leaves a white box for some 32-bit plugins after closing them. Gotta hope for updated 32-bit versions or it might be time to finally go 64-bit. Melodyne single track won't open either. In short, check that plugins and daws you use work. That said, I love Yosemite. System Preference -> General -> "Use dark menu bar and Dock" = Gangsta! :rofl:

15. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

If you use Native Instruments products you should wait to update. Because the Yosemite Update will kill Traktor, Maschine, Guitar Rig und Komplete Kontrol and maybe a few others.

http://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/knowledge-base/show/3163/compatibility-of-native-instruments-products-with-mac-os-x-10.10-yosemite/

Also Users of a Thunderbolt-Audio-Interfaces TAC-2 should wait.

https://www.zoom-na.com/news/zoom-tac-2-and-apple-mac-os-x-yosemite-update

16. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Upgraded few days ago! GRAPHICS are more Sexier and clearer Huge Display Difference and Faster boot time, Seems to be faster and no Daw or Plug issues yet :wink:

17. vaiman

vaiman Platinum Record

I think this is more an issue for users of Komplete? My Maschine and Traktor are fine but they are individual purchases.

Why people don't test on a second disk first is beyond me. And backup...

18. toothpick

toothpick Ultrasonic

That Is False. I can confirm Traktor Still works in Yosemite.

19. BumBcL0t

BumBcL0t Producer

Thanks for all the replies everyone. Really helpful info in this thread. :wink:
    I think I will hold off upgrading for a week or two based on the comments regarding issues with Ableton and NI Komplete. :(

20. Goat Head

Goat Head Guest

Guitar Rig is working with Yosemite on mine. However 4 of my favorite 32 bit plugins resurrected with 32 lives no longer validate. Sylenth1 and Orange Vocoder and both Antares Harmony Plugins. The next build of 32 Lives might fix this.

21. Rolma

Rolma Guest

I’m getting the update, I guess i need to upgrade few programs on here
    Im fearing the 32 Lives behavior and sylenth ....why is not there a sylenth upgrade to 64?
    Am I right about this ?