Yosemite vs El Capitan

Discussion in 'Live' started by signalflow, Jun 16, 2016.

?

Yosemite vs El Capitan

1. Yosemite performs better with live 9

50.0%
  2. El Capitan performs better with live 9

50.0%
  1. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

Is anyone noticing any differences in performance between Yosemite and El Capitan specifically in Live 9? I'm on 10.11.5 and feel like 10.10 was performing a bit better. I'll have to do some further analysis.

3. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

of course ! the newer the OS the more of a memory cpu hog, anytime the OS is upgraded it consumes more and more
    I was using windows 10 for a few months and reverted back to Win 7 just for the simple fact win 7 is more faster and stable then 10 for Audio use

Same applies to Yosemite verses El Captain, words of wisdom on new OS they just look better , have stronger security settings for internet usage only .. All a Marketing Scam my friend use what works best for ya :wink:

4. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

My 2 Cents. I have a Hackintosh with an i7 950 running OSX as well as Windows 8 on it.

In the last week I ugraded from Mavericks to El Capitan with a clean install and installed all my Audiostuff back on it as well as Logic 10.2.3 and Maschine and it's way moooore snappy than before. So the memory hog argument doesnt hold any weight!

Also, I can now run almost any project with 32 Samples Latency with 20+ Tracks any active plugins without any hick-ups. El Capitan seems really efficient to me as far as resource management and efficiency is concerned. And it is very stable. Haven't had a single freeze or crash (and that on a hackintosh), which is quite astonishing.

5. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

Cool thanks for your input

6. signalflow

signalflow Rock Star

@5teezo I'm on a piked MacPro 1.1 so this may be the issue. I'll have to do more testing to make a final determination. I've backed up my 10.10 so I can always revert back but from a OS stand point El Cap seems pretty good.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016