yosemite and logic x

Discussion in 'Logic' started by altonedwards, Oct 21, 2014.

1. altonedwards

altonedwards Newbie

Hi , just upgraded to yosemite and my old m-audio radium61 keyboard can't be seen. There are no drivers from M-Audio............. Does anyone have a fix or had the same problem? grrrrrr and it took so damn long to install !!!!!!

3. pimpdrop

pimpdrop Ultrasonic

I tried and couldn't get my m-audio hardware working either. Only hope is updated drivers from M-audio.

4. jakempc

jakempc Newbie

Mbox 2 Has no drivers and Pro tools has graphic issues.. could not find a fix and had format and reinstall 10.9 :-/

5. Nightwalker

Nightwalker Kapellmeister

before to upgrade any system windows/mac always always find out if there are drivers for your audio card.

6. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

Apple every year free OSX update are going to be a problem.
    Computers are not tablets and smartphones.

And third party devs (drivers and softwares) are NOT going to follow Apple.
    Apple are dropping their professional softs every year (Aperture is the last one). Why do you think ?
    Because it cost money to develop those complex softs...and it costs money to solve OS related bugs, too. They know it, because Apple do both OS and softs :wink:

In short : don't follow Apple OSX update or you will face troubles. Third party will NOT follow. And so you should not, too.

7. Alraun

Alraun Member

8. Pipotron3000

Pipotron3000 Audiosexual

It is not only for Logic. Same applies to ALL softwares. Serious Protools Mavericks bugs are still not solved.And Yosemite will add a layer...
    Next Apple step : drop Logic and so no more bugs solving. And let third party deal with every year OS update.

9. Quakeaudio

Quakeaudio Producer

I have no probs. Using Logic Pro X - Yosemite - Mac mini late 2012.

10. Goat Head

Goat Head Guest

I love that "Advice before Upgrading to Yosemite". I wish I had read it before i upgraded. I waited a full 4 days, and didn't see anyone complaining about anything major. So I took the plunge. Everything seemed ok at first but I noticed a few plugins failed to validate. They were all resurrected 32-bit plugins from 32 Lives. A complete reinstall of 32 Lives fixed this. So far I haven't found any other issues. But consider me a beta tester. I'll come back and leave a comment if I find anything else.

Maybe there should also be a thread called "Uh-Oh. I upgraded to Yosemite. How do I fix this?"

11. Rolma

Rolma Guest

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    A contest!
    Have a full- free supermarket trolley if you meet all the conditions of the check list!