"Yeah!" Comments/critics welcome

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by tulamide, May 23, 2016.

Tags:
  1. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

My music is, let's say, not the usual stuff. And I'm aware they are no chart-breakers. But they express a lot of me. Unfortunately the songs often have a darker note or a melancholic touch. So I tried to make a song that's more "with a wink". I hope to provoke a grin or a smile here and there with this song.

Don't hold back, as long as the language isn't rude!

• Like Like x 7
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  3. Lean

Lean Producer

Interesting. I don''t like EDM in general but I think it's quite well produced and the beat sounds good but its extremely repetitive and leaves me unsure of what it is meant to be but nice one.
    Again like with much EDM I think if you half cut and dancing with some hot chick then could be great.

As far as playing it for something meaningful to listen and relate to it's not for me but others could love it so nice one.

Keep it going and good luck :yes:

4. nastybobby

nastybobby Kapellmeister

The vocal sample really reminds me of that old Yello track 'Oh Yeah'. I don't really frequent mainstream clubs or listen to DJ's that play that kind of music, but I don't think it would sound out of place in that context from what I have heard on the radio recently. The bass line could be a few db's higher in the mix before the synth melody comes in and mirrors it, but that's just a minor detail.

5. Kwissbeats

Kwissbeats Audiosexual

I like it!

6. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

I'd use this track for commercials or, perhaps, a signature tune.

7. Oysters

Oysters Audiosexual

Amazing track. Thankfully not more noisy "edm" as we know it now, but good old electro with personality- Great stuff!

8. artwerkski

artwerkski Audiosexual

Great track. The 'hook' puts a smile on my face. Oh yeah! :winker:

9. modelarmy

modelarmy Ultrasonic

The voice reminds me to the good old Yellodays. I like it!!
    :wink:

10. Mostwest

Mostwest Platinum Record

amico, te lo dico perchè ho notato che non è la prima volta che lo fai. Scrivi in inglese.

Please ENGLISH

11. dbmuzik

dbmuzik Platinum Record

First thing that came to mind was the movie "Ferris Beuller's Day Off".. oh yeah. My work consists mostly of modern jazz that is a fusion of jazz, neo soul, and hip hop. Regardless of that, the key thing I like is that you took heed to keeping your tune warm and comfortable enough on the ears across all frequencies. The tune is weighted fairly heavy based on relative proportion. My favorite texture of music is light, loud, but however warm = fat in most cases. Good day to you sir.

12. Bill Vkerchi?

Bill Vkerchi? Kapellmeister

I like how minimal and pristine it sounds without being fatiguing and having the feeling that it's missing something. I've never been able to achive that.(upd: just did) EDM is not my genre though. As for criticism i think that the phrase "OH yeah" falls out of the tempo a bit.

Last edited: May 24, 2016
  13. Pepper

Pepper Newbie

Always a Same.
    And then USES One D Agreement

14. Alex Favilla

Alex Favilla Member

Sounds a little bit like Oliver

And this is good.

15. Pepper

Pepper Newbie

simply great. compliments

16. Dread_J

Dread_J Kapellmeister

[​IMG]

:rofl:

well, at least he didn't join to "congratulate" his mate, right ? oh wait ... is it his mummy ?

totally predictable music, as usual in edm ... 4 bars transition after a 32bars intro, change, vocal sample, launch beat .... its like a recipe
    its good for kids, or "wannabe graphists". Since most listeners of this kind of music are under something, they'll enjoy it.
    Next time, you can even use a fart sample, as long it is mixed with ProTools and all the expensive gizmos, kids will love it.
    Kids, and low brained people of course (wannabe graphist, and that kind of guy).
    (make sure you tell them you used protools, its the tool for the pros you know)

Oh jeez ! I just figured out that you only want bravos, hurrahs and congratulations

btw, how many accounts do you have on this board ?

... well, the animation is funny, thats it. (jeez, i'm bad at lying)

next time, try more chords .... if you can of course, after all, you're just an edm """"artist""""

17. tulamide

tulamide Audiosexual

Exactly what you wish to read after a long day. This is by far the meanest comment I've ever had to read. A mixture of conspiracy theory, wrong accusations and dishonorable language. People like you are the reason why I hardly dare to post any of my stuff.

I know from your post that you don't like facts and prefer rumors. Still, here are a few facts:
    My mom's long dead.
    I'm in my 40s.
    I don't use protools.
    I have one account.
    I'm a musician.
    The song is not edm, it's electro.

My DAW of choice is Reaper and my everyday workhorse is Reason. I worked for two months on the song, because I'm never pleased. All of the sounds apart from the vocals, yes, including drum sounds, are created from scratch. No loops, no presets. I work hard to get the mix right and even harder to master it with dynamics. As I said in my very first post, it is a fun song, intended to provoke a grin.

I think I deserve more than that hate-speech from you. What I expect is a serious comment. Something like nastybobby's for example ("raise the bass by a few db in the mix before the mirroring"), that's something I can work with. But to repeat that it is a fun song and seeing it as a minus, is somehow paradox. What I can't understand is why you listen to it, when you know beforehand that you don't like it? But even then, there should be more than hate spitting.

Have a look at the USL demo series on my soundcloud ( /tulamide ) or listen to "If thy soule check thee that I come so neere", also there, then come back and tell me again about "edm artist".

I'm glad that not all people on this forum act like you. So be warned: Don't listen to songs I make, just ignore the appropriate threads.

To all others: Thank you so much for taking the time to seriously judge my song. All comments are highly appreciated!

• Like Like x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  18. complete

complete Producer

I definitley miss some bass :yes:
    apart from that it's a nice tune, like you said no chart breaker, but that's a good thing imho. I'm in the same age as you and know where this kind of music comes from. :)

19. modelarmy

modelarmy Ultrasonic

No one here says that he is an big artist. We are people who loves music. And anyone who shares his music (emotions feelings etc) with me
    is brave and has my respect.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Polymetrix

Polymetrix Platinum Record

Congratulations Dread_J you joined the ranks of people who'd rather discourage beginners from showing their first attempts and learning...
    (I read that the OP isn't a beginner). Would you suggest a DMV for musicians so that only approved musicians are allowed to release music and everything else is prohibited?...

Once more we have a nice German term for people like you: Muckerpolizei (Musikerpolizei = music police (MPD or sth. like that)). And there's even a song about those people (Wisecräcker - Muckerpolizei)...

21. stoiximan

stoiximan Platinum Record

That was great. Congratulations