Yardley London - A TV Commercial I scored sometime ago...

Discussion in 'Our Music' started by Kinghtsurfer, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Here's some cheese for you guys to sink your teeth into... after the brilliant "Piel" by @raul rispa you may find it a bit... well... cheesy... :)

Due disclaimer... Levels may be too loud as used to be the case with TV commercials...

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018
    • Like Like x 8
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  3. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

You just gave me the idea to look at this eau de toilette for my wife for her next present...

Anyway, a pity it was only less than a minute, the tune sounds good to me. :wink:

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  4. No Avenger

No Avenger Moderator Staff Member

Nice, drums could have more definition and punch, but nice.

5. Ak3mi91

Ak3mi91 Platinum Record

No need to be so modest, really good job man. Personally, I enjoyed it even more than raul rispa's piece (and he also did a really good job, so take it as double compliment). I especially liked how change in 0:30 took me off guard. The only criticism I can give you is about strings. I enjoyed the melody, but the sound itself is a little bit "stiff" to me. Was that a real player or some Kontakt library?

6. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Thanks Guys!

@mrpsanter ... thank you for the kind words... glad you liked it... even happier that it made you buy your better half a gift... As a wise man once said "A Happy Wife = A Happy Life" ... :)

@No Avenger ... thanks for the listen and the feedback... I agree completely about the drums... Now that I hear it after 3 years, I find the snare drum especially weak... At the time of production, everyone was sitting on fire and this had to be completed insanely fast... so I didn't get a chance to properly tweak mix with the sound engineer...

@Ak3mi91 ... thank you for the encouragement... everything you hear on this is soft synths/ kontakt libs... not a single note has been played live... and now, after 3 years, I don't remember which library i used... it wasn't even my own rig I did this on... I used the Studio's resident rig and had to rustle this up ... I remember they had some John Legend song as the reference...

7. mercurysoto

mercurysoto Audiosexual

The bottom of the rabbit hole, next to Alice's
    I really liked it. I guess it's just what you'd expect from music for commercials, where the job is not scoring a hit. IMHO, it keeps the commercial moving forward and it's on cue with the visuals. Good job, buddy.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

@Kinghtsurfer well they used it for the spot eh.. ? congrats. It gave off that vibe of class, well cheesy( ? ) class lol

anyway, no amount of cheese could take down that soap.. it's good stuff.. :bleh:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. With stuff like this it makes not a hill of beans if the strings are this or that and if the snare is compressed like so. The bottom line is that the client gives the go, and with deadlines sometimes shorter than the lifespan of a smelly fart it is a testiment to the artist that the quality of the mix, and as well, the composition is of such high caliber. Good job.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  10. mozee

mozee Audiosexual

Good stuff man, would not have expected a commercial filmed in that style or scored like that for that particular product but it works.

I've used the soap product as well before, not too many choices in the Lavender soap department in Pennsyltucky it's decent stuff and it does calm the nerves a bit.

Cheers :)

11. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Thanks all! A soap? And here i was thinking its a spray-on perfume... Hahha..

@mercurysoto ... Thanks so much for the kind words... :)

@Herr Durr ... Thank you for your Ar Dour...:bleh: so long as you thought it was classy like Gouda Cheese... And not smelly like Limburger Cheese, I'm thrilled...

@superliquidsunshine ... Thank you for the appreciation... The deadlines really were insane... But then, they always are :)

@mozee ... Thanks for the listen and the kind words... i really thought the ad was for a perfume spray... Imagine the surprise if the client found out i didnt even know what product i was scoring for...:rofl:

12. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

Just got what you mean by the soap references... You are talking about the soap product from the same brand... Guess i misunderstood...:)

13. Spyfxmk2

Spyfxmk2 Guest

Hello @Kinghtsurfer the main theme works nicely :) , as it "sounds" "personal" "airy' "emotional" for the lady,
    the "Broken beat" drum pattern does its job too as it "rolls" with the "walk" :drummer:,
    was a music editor on the project too ?,what was the company & when did this commercial originally aired ?
    Take care
    spyfx :keys:

14. beatmagnus

beatmagnus Guest

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2018
  15. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

@Spyfxmk2 ... Thanks very much... Very kind of you...:)

This piece was made bespoke specifically for this film... I was given a reference track ( something by john legend) and asked to create something like it without vocals...

There was no music editor.. the piece was composed to fit the visuals...

I do regular work for the Producer's company... This aired originally in April 2015

16. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

@foster911 ... Thank you for the pink fluffy love... :)

17. Zenarcist

Zenarcist Audiosexual

Did you get the girl at the end?

Last edited: Apr 28, 2018
  18. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

@Zenarcist ... Forget the girl... i didn't even get one measly bottle of the product in the end... :)

19. Recoil

Recoil Guest

You are really talented producer, congratulations :shalom:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. saltwater

saltwater Guest

good work, doesn't feel cheesy to me

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  21. Kinghtsurfer

Kinghtsurfer Audiosexual

@Recoil ... Thank you kind sir :) you too are a brilliant producer... Just heard your latest and its SICK! (Thats the new term these days for awesome... Lol)

@saltwater ... Thanks for the kind words...:)

@Nick12 ... Thanks for listening and liking! :)