Yamaha Tyros as software or plug-in

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by suckajim, Mar 21, 2016.

1. suckajim

suckajim Member

Hello everybody,

in the last few weeks I have watched many videos on youtube where people are playing songs live on Yamaha Tyros and I wondered whether it is possible to do so with a PC. I don't want to buy a piece of hardware but would like to play this way with software (or at least just try). Is it possible? I don't own a tyros and never have tried one but I can remember my first keyboard had some built-in styles and with some keys on the keyboard you can change the chord of the style that is playing. I dont't even know how it is called and in what category i should have put in this thread so I will try it here.
    I think many things can be done in Ableton Live. I have just tried it a few times but it seems like you can trigger loops or scenes with let's say drum pads - that's fine. I think you are also able to change instruments just by activating another track in live or something like that - maybe also possible with midi controls - I don't know. But one thing I don't know whether it works is chord change. I think it should be possible to create styles (basslines or something like that) and with some midi inputs transpose the style to another chord. I think that's basically all a tyros can do or it's the main part of the instrument, right?
    So my question: is this possible with any kind of software or DAW or (midi)-VST?

I have seen ChordPulse but it's not designed to play live it seems

Would be glad to hear some suggestions :)

3. mhacko

mhacko Member

janotech freeplay
    One Man Band 11
    write to google some of it
    These are two programs for accomp I work at first