YAMAHA RUio16-D

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by odod, Jan 18, 2022.

1. odod

odod Rock Star

The RUio16-D is a revolutionary audio interface that features a compact form while still being rugged enough to withstand the needs of touring, serving as a bridge between Dante, analog, and USB signals. Combining this product with the bundled VST Rack Pro plug-in host software creates a plug-in environment that gives users a great deal of freedom and makes it easy to integrate the VST plug-ins you like into your system. This unit features a variety of input/output jacks, and is useful in a broad range of situations such as outputting computer-processed audio to a mixer via Dante, acoustic measurement, and much more.

more info here
    https://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/proaudio/interfaces/r_series_usb/index.html

What do you guys think? ​

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  3. Qrchack

Qrchack Rock Star

Well, this is clearly a live-targeted audio interface, and unless your band has a Dante-based setup that you carry to each show, it's pretty much only of use to the FOH mixing guy to add plugins to his desk. It's networked, so will probably be ridiculously expensive compared to any regular audio interface, and I'm pretty sure it will be kind of garbage as a home studio interface, or even as a dual-use one (home/studio + live but at different places which rarely use Dante). No TRS input, no hi-Z for directly connecting guitars, just one headphone output in 2022...

The only value here is Dante, and to be honest most people will just use Dante Virtual Soundcard and the Ethernet port already present in their laptop.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

I wonder how much USB i/o is worth if there's only one USB port.
    You can't even connect two machines like possible with the iConnectivity interfaces.

5. odod

odod Rock Star

Agree, and i think it is quite smart though, they have USB and DANTE, and of course you might need CL or QL to accompany this to get the ultimate sensation :)