Yamaha Motif XF/MOXF - free libraries from EasySounds emails

Discussion in 'Instruments' started by Xeraser, Jul 19, 2021.

1. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

You can get these by emailing special EasySounds addresses with a certain subject - just skip the middleman and grab these links, the libraries are free anyway. Click the name of the library for a short demo.

"Inspiration in a Flash"
    Username: xf_flash
    Password: INA2909
    http://PL23711.macbay.de/XF_Inspiration
    (Warning: this one is different from the one in the 40th Anniversary Pack release - it contains less sounds from EasySounds' packs)

"Peter Jung's Symphonic Orchestra"

Userame: xfuser
    Password: freeorch
    http://easysounds.macbay.de/XF_Symphonic

"10th Anniversary Pack by Wojtek Olszak"
    Username: xfaniversary
    Password: k11x76g
    http://PL23711.macbay.de/Motif10thAniversary
    (Yes, the username is "xfaniversary" with just one N)

UPDATED 17/04/22

"Motif XF Premium Packs" (also known as the "Motif 10th Anniversary Pack")
    Username: premiumxf
    Password: cs2504cp
    http://pl23711.macbay.de/MotifXF_Premium

Contents:
    Chick Corea's Mark V (still available for purchase to this day for the XF but free for the Montage!)
    Peter Jung's Symphonic Orchestra (available as a separate download above - never/not available for purchase anymore)
    Yamaha Ultimate Piano Collection (Main pianos from the MOTIF, MOTIF ES, S90ES and CP1 - not available for purchase anymore)
    Peter Jung's CS-80 Library (never/not available for purchase anymore)

UPDATED 3/05/22

Not from emails but forgotten:

"XSpand your world"
    motifator.com - main (lots of banks to download and mess around with)

TO MY KNOWLEDGE THE MAIN CONTENT OF THE PACK ABOVE IS THE XS VERSION OF "INSPIRATION IN A FLASH", THE SAME BANK YOU CAN FIND ABOVE
    (there are other banks on that page that might be worth checking out though)

"XSpand your world: Director's pocket"
    "XSPAND YOUR WORLD" Contents:Yamaha MOTIF XS Director's Pocket - Yamaha - Other European Countries

"MOXF PREMIUM CONTENTS PACK" (Chick Corea's Mark V, Yamaha Ultimate Piano Collectio, etc, in MOXF format for those who need it for whatever reason, you NEED to register!)
    MOTIF Premium Contents Pack (PCP) for MOXF (yamaha.com)

Attached here is a very small library of a few instruments (some electric pianos, two harpsichords and two upright basses) that have been ported over from the Motif Classic/ES to the Motif XS. You can find the same presets in the XS but using newer samples, perhaps someone preferred the older ones and decided to recreate them 1:1 including the original samples. Please note that the upright basses don't seem to have the extra sound effects that were in the original patches, only the actual notes.

https://files.catbox.moe/hx7ttt.zip

If any of you have more feel free to list them.

Last edited: May 7, 2022
    • Like Like x 6
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. odod

odod Rock Star

whoa nice, danke!

4. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

UPDATED 17/04/22

5. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

Added some non-email libraries

6. JMOUTTON

JMOUTTON Audiosexual

Thank you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

Thanks for all of the above.
    Regrettably I don't have a motif keyboard to utilise the great sounds in there.
    However, these archives as motif files (.x3a .x0a and whatever) do contain some interesting stuff for people without motif keyboards too.

Many times the samples are XPC-compressed (and therefore unreadable - encrypted?) or LPC samples (and just won't sound correct)

BUT there are still very many really excellent samples in there that CAN be extracted ok and put to good use elsewhere.
    Anyone interested should explore using tools like AWave.

• Like Like x 1
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  8. Olaf

Olaf Platinum Record

Originally for the MX, but maybe still usable:

Performance Kit:
    http://easysounds.macbay.de/MX_PerfKit
    Name: mxuser
    Passwort: pfkit935

9. BEAT16

BEAT16 Audiosexual

The Sonic Sirius Mix 01 Soundbank for the Yamaha - MX 49 / MX 61 Music Synthesizer

• Inside: 1 Sonic Sirius Mix 01 Soundbank by Sonic Sirius with 128 Performances
    • Genre: From Samba & Blues over Latin to Dance,Trance and Ethno
    • Format : SONIC-01 (*.X5A) for USB Stick (564 KB)
    • For: Yamaha - MX 49 / MX 61
    • Release Date: September 2016
    • Sound Design by: Sonic Sirius
    • With: Read me & Install Info
    • Price: Free (Privat Share)
    • File Size: 752 KB

http://ohlenbostelhelge.magix.net/public/blofeld.htm

10. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

Assuming the libraries aren't encrypted you can use John Melas' waveform editor for the Motif series to extract the waws. To my knowledge anyway, I've never actually tried it and I doubt many people left their libraries unencrypted.

11. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

Unfortunately not usable by anything but the MX series but still appreciated! There's also a free "Best of Motif Bank" floating around on Yamaha's website (second one is paid, it's like 10 bucks or less iirc)

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

Hi Xeraser,
    I also see a bit of the commentary at sister site where someone asks...
    "Is it something that can be converted somehow to any useable format?"

and your reply...
    "Not sure, you'd need John Melas' waveform editor and see if you can extract the waveforms from there IF and ONLY IF the library isn't encrypted. The library makes heavy use of the XS' AWM2 engine and AWM2 to Kontakt conversions are preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty shit. Still, if you manage to extract the waveforms you could at least do something with them."

I fully agree with everything you said there, (hence I wish I owned a Motif) but I also want to add...
    I have explored your recent posts at sister site. I found that it IS viable for people to extract the wavs from those specific packs. I have messed round with the Melas Editor but 'for this task' it's actually tedious. Instead, AWave will give someone the option of easily grabbing and converting the Motif instruments to other instrument formats, e.g., Kontakt. That will work painlessly, providing instant access to the wavs, and presented as a raw Kontakt instrument to audition and develop. As long as someone recognises your 100% valid criticisms of the limitations of a raw Kontakt version, this is a great way for someone to get started exploiting the resources without a hardware Motif.

13. ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ

ᑕ⊕ֆᗰIᑢ Platinum Record

Cannot be Chicken Translated?

14. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

Melas' tools (plural in this case, I don't rememher whether the waveform editor alone will show you even basic things like mappings) give you a better understanding of how the voices/performances are constructed so it'd be a bit easier to attempt recreating the voices by going off of those (though if the extraction process works better with AWawe you should absolutely use that instead)

As for getting the waves out and doing whatever with them? Absolutely, go nuts.

Recreating the actual Motif voices/performances in Kontakt? Going off of previous efforts it seems like a waste of time that could only end up in disappointing and frustrating people, that's why I warned against it. Case in point: the converted K-Sounds Signature Piano from the Motif format to Kontakt. It's not good. Props for trying to whoever made it but it's sadly a futile effort (plus it's available for Kontakt natively now)

Just treat them like any other random sample library, I guess. Otherwise you might end up buying a used Motif XS/XF out of frustration if you've got poor impulse control. Not that you shouldn't, they make for EXCELLENT master keyboards at the very least.

Last edited: May 3, 2022
  15. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

I stay as far away as I can from Chickensys' Translator, I could never get it to work even for something as simple as old Roland sample CDs or converting stuff to the Fantom-X format. I've heard it's very hit and miss with Motif formats too so there's that.

My autocorrect really hates me today huh

16. Ad Heesive

Ad Heesive Audiosexual

My encounter with Melas was not good. Maybe it's my incompetence but I found that the WaveEditor is the only one of the tools suite that works without a Motif connected. All the other tools refused to open any files and just nagged me to plug in in my (non-existent) Motif keyboard.

I second that - that bloody chicken need a good plucking.
    I confirm that Chicken's Translator will open the Motif files, and will probably do the translations if you're feeling sufficiently masochistic to bother wrestling with it. But seriously, AWave is so much simpler, and more reliable (for most things; but it can glitch too, sometimes)

17. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

It's been a while since I've used them, been waiting for a new "release"
    I'll boot them up later.
    I'd buy them but making people pay 35€ for a simple librarian isn't something I want to support
    I had admittedly expired but unused discount coupons for his tools I got when I opened the 40th anniversary pack's box, asked him if he could make an exception since they weren't even used and I basically got told to bite it and buy the new versions which would release "soon"

18. PeterMathews

PeterMathews Newbie

Thanks Xeraser for the share of these libraries, do you have any for tyros5? That would be greatly appretiated! Cheers

19. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

I don't, sorry. I wish I had a T5, haha. Maybe one day.

20. Xeraser

Xeraser Producer

I'm done uploading Motif XS/XF libraries now (there are 5 more - 4 unidentified ones of which 2 are just very small preset banks with no samples, one might be a commercial library and one I think I'm free to upload, check below - and a last one I need to buy) so feel free to go nuts with AWave. I'm actually trying it out right now and it's SO much better than CDXtract it's not even funny, especially for Roland CDs. I can't believe I didn't know about it.

Attached here is a very small library of a few instruments (some electric pianos, two harpsichords and two upright basses) that have been ported over from the Motif Classic/ES to the Motif XS. You can find the same presets in the XS but using newer samples, perhaps someone preferred the older ones and decided to recreate them 1:1 including the original samples. Please note that the upright basses don't seem to have the extra sound effects that were in the original patches, only the actual notes.

https://files.catbox.moe/hx7ttt.zip