Xpand!2 won't let me choose .big file

Discussion in 'Software' started by hdxmula, Sep 28, 2019.

1. hdxmula

hdxmula Member

I get a message saying factory content not found, please locate the content file "Xpand2.big"

I have the file but when I choose 'Browse' in Xpand and navigate to the folder, it will not let me select it. I did some research and some people have the issue of the .big file being 0bytes but mine is the size it should be - 1,532,644 KB. I checked and the factory content files are all on my PC in Program Files (x86)--AIR Music Technology--Xpand!2--Presets.

Any idea as to why Xpand! won't let me select the .BIG file??

Attached Files:

3. playtime

playtime Rock Star

That is not the default location for .big file.
    Create new folder inside C:\My Documents folder and name it Xpand!2 Factory Content. Move .big file there and navigate to it though plugin browser.

It should work now :wink:

4. hdxmula

hdxmula Member

Hey playtime thanks for the reply. I tried this but Xpand still won't recognize the .big file.

5. playtime

playtime Rock Star

Hmmm... Did you try to change lower field in search bar (Files of type) from pic 2? It's currently set to 'Directories'

Click on it and in drop-down menu choose 'All Files'. You should see Xpand2.big file now.

Let me know if this helps, cheers!

6. hdxmula

hdxmula Member

For some reason 'Directories' is the only option, it won't let me choose 'All Files.' It's weird.

7. hdxmula

hdxmula Member

Now thatI think of it, when I ran the ContentComponents exe, it showed the 'gathering information required' thing but stopped after that. I just assumed it fully installed because all of the proper folders and content is where it should be as well as the .dll

Is it possible that it didn't fully install? I've ran the installer many times and it never gets past the 'gathering information required' stage.

8. playtime

playtime Rock Star

Then just choose current directory where .big file is located. Do not navigate inside that folder. Just choose THAT folder and try loading content

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  9. hdxmula

hdxmula Member

I feel so slow lol. I did what you said and just hit 'choose' and it worked :rofl: for some reason I didn't think of trying that I was sure I needed to click the .big file. Thank you kind sir :bow:

10. playtime

playtime Rock Star

LOL I had my share of simple mistakes so many times :rofl:
    Glad I could help, cheers!