Xosphere running with a Team R2R Kontakt release?

Discussion in 'Software' started by mr bagpuss, May 1, 2015.

1. mr bagpuss

mr bagpuss Newbie

Hi everyone,

I was hoping someone might be able to advise if they have this working?

* I have a Team R2R copy of Kontakt 5.3.1 running on OSX 10.8.5

And I really wnat to pick up Sample Logics Xosphere but I'm not sure if it will work, hoping that someone here might have Xosphere up and running for them. Obviously, Xosphere is no where to be seen for D/L so I'm ready to buy it now but it's a lot of cash and before i make a desicion I was hoping someone here might know, can tell me if it does work in that particular set-up..

I've read about it's delivery method, having to use some download manager (Continuata) for security etc... so I'm not sure if that could pose problem along side the Ni Service Center registration that also i've read about.

I've used Kontakt before but this will be the first Kontakt Library i will have purchased so i'm not familiar with how legit Kontakt lib's get installed if they are any different to just finding them around...

Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Continuata is a delivery platform and watermarking system. There shouldn't be any problems but if you want you can wait on a response from someone that actually uses this library.

4. Horsemen

Horsemen Member

Continuata does not always watermark the library..It depends on the developer that is using it

The ones from Sample Logic are not watermarked and should work fine on the latest crack verion of kontakt from R2R

I have use the Connect downloader many times in the past

Also they sometimes give you the option of getting manual links instead of using the download manager

Code:
    http://continuata.net/manual_links.php

5. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Agreed. I just meant that these are the services that they provide in general.

6. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Shouldn't be any problems I wouldn't think

However worst comes to worst that library works fine on Kontakt player. Kontakt 5 player does need a serial number and requires no activation. Normally u will just get a serial number to put it into the Continuata installer which will downloadand extract.

Watermarking wouldnt matter anyway unless u intended to share the library as has nothing to do with registration but is normally just markers in the nki's themselves to provide details etc.

Wouldn't affect the registration process.

Thing is as u using unlocked Kontakt u have no serial no for that so it not like it registered to your account anyway & the library prob not gonna be registerd to your NI Account etc.

Also works on 5.3.1 higher on OSX. Don't even need to set up an account don't think as only library content needs to be registered. The library will obviously come with a serial number to register the content.

Then go about running an unlocked copy also. Not sure how it all works on OSX but wouldn't imagine there be many problems that u can't work around.

I've also used connect downloader loads of times with no problems. Good luck

7. mr bagpuss

mr bagpuss Newbie

Hello, i just wanted to say thank you for all your replies, each one was boosting my confidence although i know it's only advice and not a guarantee this will work (but it should by the sounds of it very much so)

Decided to go through Sample Logic directly, Xopshere D/L is done through Continuata, there was no other way of getting the content outside of that.

Currently trickling down at 6.5mbps roughly so not too long i hope..

Was nice to get such a quick response being my first post and all.

I'll let you know how it goes

... Mr Bagpuss

Ps. knowing my luck Sample Logic will probably have a sale on Monday or something now :(

8. MaschineMan

MaschineMan Ultrasonic

Hi Mr Bagpuss
    Ive bought several big (and expensive) libraries over the years and they have always worked with the latest R2R version of Kontakt
    Dont worry about Continuata (Ive used it before) and its only a download manager that ensures you get the files in bits and can put them together (no watermarks on Sample Logic).

My only concern, if I was you, would be the version of Kontakt you are using - you said you are using 5.3.1 on mac - but Im using 5.4.3 (although Im on Windows), so being a very new library that might be a problem - is there not a R2R 5.4.3 version for mac?

As for felling bad that there might be a sale on Monday - Just feel happy in the knowledge that you have provided funds to a good company to develop better and better libraries in the future - thats what keeps me warm at night :)

9. Clandestine

Clandestine Platinum Record

Think latest OSX unlocked Kontakt is 5.4.1 but there is a 5.4.3 update.

The library in question only requires 5.3.1 & above so should b fine *yes*

Sample Logic quality stuff, scripting will b amazing as usual if done by Klaus Beatz who normally does their stuff tho don't know if he did this interface.

Should be great *yes*

10. mr bagpuss

mr bagpuss Newbie

Just wanted to say thanks again, installed Xosphere earlier this afternoon, no issues what so ever.

Was helpful to get some advise tho, I wanted to get it about 4 weeks ago but then thought about all this and was concerned.

Good point about paying for it tho, I get plenty of stuff without buying i suppose, so putting something back it into in world of Plugin's is a good thing as you say....

:)

11. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

That's AudioSex for you, a community of a different caliber. I'm really happy that you invested in a good developer because if people don't support the devs, there will be less good devs around. We've already seen a lot of them come and go and it's a damn shame.