(xlnaudio.com) RC-20 Released

Discussion in 'Software News' started by thantrax, Dec 6, 2016.

1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

RC-20

[​IMG]

About RC-20 Retro Color
    RC-20 Retro Color is a creative effect plugin that adds life and texture to any recording. It easily recreates the warm, cozy feeling of vintage recording equipment, but also works perfectly in any modern production setting.

6 Unique FX Modules

RC-20's six unique FX modules can replicate everything from vinyl records to VHS machines, adding noise, wobble and dropouts to your tracks. Its raw distortion and crunchy bit reduction will add grit to your bass and drums. The space and chorus effects will make your guitar sing like never before and the filtering effects fit right into the most modern club track.

Flux Engine

Our exclusive Flux Engine adds subtle (or not so subtle) instability and fluctuations to all of the FX modules, providing the character, warmth and analog goodness of yesteryear's best technology.

Magnitude Slider

The Magnitude slider controls the intensity of all processing. Easily accessible all the time — even when browsing presets — it makes it easy to find the perfect sound and processing amount. Automate this control for awesome intros, breakdowns and transitions in your song.

Price: 79.95€ - More info here

Source
    xlnaudio

• Like Like x 10
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • List
  3. RMorgan

RMorgan Audiosexual

Well...I think it's basically Addictive Drum's effects section, but coded as an individual plugin. Nothing exceptional.

4. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

liking the gui and always wanted the fx separate.

5. cheeseman909

cheeseman909 Ultrasonic

What do you think of the quality of this FX-Plugin?
    For me it sounds fantastic. Don't know if other plugins can do it better.

6. cheeseman909 said it best.

7. MrLyannMusic

MrLyannMusic Audiosexual

in my very little very limited experience, vintage and analog stuff, tend to have this depth this smoothness not gonna say warmth or anything, but it is somehow always dark, you (almost) never need the feel to add some high boost.

in this one it is good actually very good, love how is it soft on the ears in the high freq- range, love how it is clean love how it adds some character to the sound, kinda giving it a personality, but it still misses the depth and everything is in your face, hard to explain this but it is too digital even for a vintage style, hope you wont laugh tho haha :like:

anyway i would love to get my hands on this, and see how it actually works, i don't really trust these kind of overview...

8. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

Addictive Drum's effects section :woot: :yes: that's hitting the nail right on the head, and for 79.00 as another cheesy marketing scam
    thats another perfect example, why we love R2R :wink:

9. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

10. Joe_sleaze

Joe_sleaze Platinum Record

Still very happy with U-He Satin, can do most of the things RC20 does and more, esp when using more instances in series.

11. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

That's an awful lot of destruction in one plugin. Neat. I'm not tempted to buy it or anything... already have way too many distortions and one or two nice bit crushers. But it's got a beautiful UI and a good concept.

12. midi-man

midi-man Audiosexual

To me it sounds good. But I think you can accomplish it with other plugins. Sounds like a little upward expansion, Harmonizing, delay and flange. Don't get me wrong it's nice that one slider does it.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  13. Dazeon

Dazeon Ultrasonic

Still waiting for that: (XLN Audio DS-10 Drum Shaper) vst plugin.

14. V4nger

V4nger Member

Demoed it and I want it for a number of reasons.

It's able to totally warp the sound and add interesting noise layers trigger by a threshold.

Very cool to be able to use the magnitude slide for modulating sounds over time.

The Air Pressure distortion algorithm with the bandpass filter is amazing for thickening sounds and adding Pressure :)

I don't care about authenticity to be honest with you. It's a really funky effect for electronic music production!