Xfer Serum released on AudioZ?

Discussion in 'Software' started by DeepStar, Oct 9, 2014.

1. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

And a better worded response I'd be hard pressed to find. [​IMG]

2. rickbarratt

rickbarratt Producer

easy enough to wait, not like we are all short of soft synths :)

3. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Exactly! Members have practically anything they could ever want so there's no pressing need for this and we're not releasing it for a good cause. :thumbsup:

1,000 views in such a short time. I've put up articles about how the US government can hijack http and got less. So nice to be part of the human race. :snuffy:

4. mrpsanter

mrpsanter Audiosexual

I'm very curious to compare Serum with Waves Codex (sound quality, presets and so on).
    Or somebody already did this?

5. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

I already purchased Serum and I am half through the user manual :) I just asked because I have seen people saying all kind of stuff and I was just curious. The "hard to crack" question was merely a comparison with - for instance - Nexus, which I suppose was not released on the scene because it's hard to crack the protection. However, the question was just a personal curiosity, not a request of the cracked version. But I got the answer already :)

6. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

I understand jay, no worries. Nexus is much much much much much harder to crack. This release the main limitation is our decision to support Steve because he worked long and hard on it and he's not a big company comparable to Native Instruments. He needs money to fund future development and we're ensuring that there will be more exciting projects to come. Imagine if a crack had been released right out of the gate. It would have went a lot differently for Xfer. I believe in warez but there needs to be a balance because this is public sharing and things can get out of control real quick. We support the devs, though some of them might not think so. Let this serve as a reminder of the caliber of people behind the scene and behind AudioZ. Other sites couldn't give a shit if they destroyed a developer. We strive for a higher standard.

7. DeepStar

DeepStar Member

I feel humbled to be apart of this awesome community.

8. dim_triad

dim_triad Producer

does anyone even know who gHOSt is?...

i mean.. if he/she isn't part of a community, then I can see how he/she would not know that everyone has banded together... and therefore, a waste of time to even try and argue with him... plus, it doesn't even work, so it doesn't even matter... the ones with the skills to make it work aren't releasing it (yet) so I wouldn't even worry about this fucktard gHOSt

9. GodHimSelf

GodHimSelf Platinum Record

As much as I want Serum, I want developers to succeed, so even more amazing stuff comes up. People behave properly here (most). Proud to be here :mates:

10. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

Serum is a banging synth so go try the demo & decide for yourself.

So no, don't "wait" for it, you just sound like a cheap prick.... I usually couldn't care less because 90% of stuff is over priced & mediocre at best. But I really believe in the devs work on this one so support it if you like it :)

11. DeepStar

DeepStar Member

Well, since everyone speaks so highly of Steve Duda and Xfer Records I thought I'd lose my marbles and go support him. My good deed for the day is done! Now to go learn how to use this monster wavetable synth that's waaay out of my league.

12. fiction

fiction Audiosexual

Sorry to say that, but the demo is way too restricted to really evaluate if the Wavetable stuff works as expected or not.
    C'mon Steve, only 20 minutes and then I cannot even save an intermediate state so I can not even continue where I left off?
    20mins might well be enough for browsing presets and getting an impression about how Serum can sound, but for me, coming from the PPG Wavemapper and Wavegenerator and Waldorf blofeld with custom wavetables, I'd like to delve a bit deeper before shelling out $129,- and make sure I understand what Serum has to offer in this regard.

But maybe I'm the only one who actually wants to *create my own programs* for Serum. :dunno:

13. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

Glad to hear it :) Join the club :wink: This synth is not out of anyones league because its so well designed & you can make your own wave tables , the possibilities with this thing is really great :)

14. mark@WFstudios

mark@WFstudios Member

See its left this guy frothing out the mouth wanting more :bow:

15. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

i removed the 20 min limits, its really easy and to behonest, when he removes the disabled saving, then nobody would buy serum? you dont think so? *yes*

16. hfeuhfz7342hf724

hfeuhfz7342hf724 Noisemaker

Tested this release quite some time now, it works except the fact that you have to re-enter the serial now and then.

Happy with it right now as a better 'trial' version, 20 minutes of functionality on the demo is far too short to thoroughly get a feel for it.

Other than that it is far too early to crack it as there are a lot of bugs/fixes to do - there's a new beta out with lots of improvements right now.

17. sisyphus

sisyphus Rock Star

Yeah, Steve Duda is a cool guy, here is an excerpt (taken out of a large context) from a reddit thread he was participating in:

"Did I mention patience? Be sure to bring a bit more. I've been working on Serum since 2011 playing on the Mothership tour w/ Skrillex. I basically abandoned what semblance of a music career I had to make it, it's a labor of love all the way. Honestly, even if it doesn't take off, no regrets there, I'm actually quite proud of it and look forward to making it even better in the future. (and now that's v1.0 is done I might make a bit of music, if thats OK…)"

He's a guy busting his balls on this thing, I hope he gets his due… Haven't tried the new Waves wavetable synth, but I can't imagine it's more intuitive with modulation etc then what I have seen of Serum… It looks fun as hell….

18. pilz971

pilz971 Kapellmeister

Just gonna throw this out there, cus I can!

There is a whole lotta good feelings and spirit being displayed for Mr Duda. Bravo say I.

However....

There are also some SERIOUSLY shitty double standards on display and I am sooooooooooooooo fookin sick of the whole "Yay, aint I/We great" shit!

If you REALLY cared bout Steve, you`d NOT be using your "internal" cracked copy. You, like everyone else would either pop along to Steve`s site and PURCHASE a copy, use his demo version, or, just wait and see what comes along via other channels.

Sorry. I don`t mean to give off, but PLEASE, stop blowing smoke up your own arses and shouting down others for wanting what YOU already have because YOU are just "more equal" than others.

Response not required. Said what I wanted. Take it or make of it what the fook you want!

19. copylefter

copylefter Producer

Yeah, 1.0.1b4 released today has a lot of fixes. Many more fixes in previous betas already released. Already in first 1.0.1 beta I tried loading time and memory usage was reduced a lot compared to 1.0.0 initial release.

Thanks for that quote sisyphus :mates:

20. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Excuse me? I'm NOT using my copy and I'm not buying it because A) I'm too busy working my ass off to even make music let alone try something new. B) I haven't even demoed it yet and C) I'm broke right now. Very uncool man, you should be supporting us. In the future we will just keep information private. Problem solved.