Xfer Serum LFO shapes infected with malware?

Discussion in 'Software' started by DAWinci, Feb 21, 2015.

1. ArticStorm

ArticStorm Moderator Staff Member

if the serum release was infected, why nobody report it before? (including me?)
    i dont think it was infected, maybe one of the uploader infected it? but the question still remains, how?
    but how to infect a packed file? there is no way to do that, it will infect the packed files, buuuuuttttt you cant unpack the file, when the zip is infected.
    was the source you got your copy repacked? hmm

anyway it seems to be solved now.

you can infect all file types, css, jar files everything. the virus or the worm or whatever replaces code parts in the files, when the file is read from disk the bad code starts his routine and you are infected. could be possible with a zip file too, but you couldnt open the zip file and unpack the serum release.

2. studio5599

studio5599 Producer

if Your running those 2 virus apps Macafee, and other thats one slow computer your using macafee alone is like a operating system, making everything you do slow to open slow to respond there a Huge Distraction
    i would personally spend more time making music , rather then constantly cleaning and scanning the pc over the same files every day

3. erreur

erreur Newbie

I'm curious....which uploader did you get your version of Serum from? I suspect some of the uploaders who post mirrors are packing malware into the programs. The forum isn't as vigilant as it used to be. If you can try and remember what user you got your copy of Serum from, it would be greatly appreciated.

4. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

It's not an infection, it's simply a false positive. I have it installed myself and I run a very tight ship so if anything were up, I would have brought it up. If you're picking something up from AudioZ, you're practically guaranteed that it's not infected (especially when coming from a reputable team). I say practically because if there's one thing I've learned is that there are no certainties in life. However you can rest assured that we take these matters seriously and had there been any reports I would have already looked into it personally and made a decision as to how to proceed.

Do you have any basis for these accusations or are they simply assumptions? You know what they say about assumptions right? The forum isn't as vigilant...where do you even come up with this stuff? If anything the forums are a lot more vigilant than ever before so I don't get these nonsense comments based on pure conjecture. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

5. OBKenobi

OBKenobi Producer

6. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

the only difference that I can see from the retail files you have shared and the files I have as backup is the creation/modified date, they are exactly the same (after viewing them using notepad++)

the data contained within them is the same size (right click on each one and click on properties)

as Artic and Cat have already stated if there was a problem then others would have reported this already, conclusion = FALSE POSITIVE

and if another person uploading mirrors added some malware, again it would probably be noticed fairly quickly and be removed and the culprit given a severe slapping by the admin team :wink:

then again if you are really worried about downloading R2R stuff, then please go ahead and buy xfer LFO Tool, Mr Steve Duda will certainly prefer that you do *yes*

Code:
    http://xferrecords.com/

7. Guitarmaniac64

Guitarmaniac64 Rock Star

Especially since he is offline why use AV then? Many uses sandbox or Virtual machines when trying new soft if they are nervous that a cracked soft will destroy their machine.
    I used to have AV tools installed before on my offline PC but nowadays i have got rid of them as they slow down my PC
    If i notice any strange behavior on my pc i just install an AV or a Malware soft do a scan and the uninstall it

8. SillySausage

SillySausage Producer

Norton and McArsie are very bloated and resource hungry, if your PC is offline then you don't need them, in fact if your PC is online then it certainly doesn't need them, just check any files before putting them on to an offline puter

9. lukehh

lukehh Audiosexual

Hmm...As far I understood this whole serum-trojan-virus thing is already solved by coming to the conclusion it is a false positive. The demo version from developers site also has "pseudo"-infected LFO shapes. So why do we still discuss? *no*