Xbox guys - any generic Xbox One controllers that don't suck

Discussion in 'PC' started by Cav Emp, Oct 31, 2016.

1. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

...as much as the official ones?

I bought these things a few months ago and both of them are already breaking. I'm not hard on them. Shit I barely use them.

One's got a bumper that fell off, the other's got a joystick that's already loose. The only connecting cable that I have (because either the original or the spare didn't come with one, I forget which.) is broken and won't charge or connect,

I've had it. I need another controller but I'll be damned if I'm gonna give MS another $50 for these pieces of crap. At this point I feel the generics can't help but be at least as durable as the originals, if not more. Plus cheaper I'm sure.

3. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I just buy the microsoft ones now. Wasted too much money on madcat bs. Or if you do go cheap, this is an item worth paying big retail stores like best buy for the 3 to 5 year extended warranty insurance. That way you can deal with it in the store and dont have to mail it to microsoft for warranty service.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  4. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Now there is an idea. Since this POS will almost certainly explode as the first time I change the batteries, just buy a warranty. Thanks

5. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

I buy warranties on controllers, earbuds, and remote controls. They always break. Plus when the warranty gets close to expiring you know what to do.
    I have gotten a free upgrade to the latest model like this too. Went to claim a warranty and the model was discontinued so they upgraded my Logitech harmony remote on the house.
    Seen that xbox elite controller, looks nice but 149US. Are they crazy?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2016
  6. Cav Emp

Cav Emp Audiosexual

Yes. Yes they are. I only paid $250 for the Console with a controller and the whole Gears of War series bundled.

I love the way they market these things too. "If you want to take your gaming experience to the next level... blahblahblah"

Like.. people really take this stuff seriously enough that their 'gaming experience' has a next level? This just what I do on weekend morning while I wait till I'm awake enough to make music

7. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

@Cav Emp Same here, time killer for when my ears are too tired to do any real audio work.