WTF is up with Master Plan GUI ?!

Discussion in 'Software' started by OffshoreBanking, Jul 15, 2024.

?

Wich Master Plan GUI do you prefer ?

1. Version 1.0

8 vote(s)
    40.0%
  2. Version 1.5

12 vote(s)
    60.0%
  1. OffshoreBanking

OffshoreBanking Producer

I can't find HD res images of this plugin, but still... WTF ?!
    Musik Hack made a gorgeous GUI and now look how they massacred their boy...

@HoMeCracKeR I will happily pay money if someone is able to "custom" the 1.5 version with the 1.0 GUI.
    What a downgrade I can't believe it :facepalm:

Version 1.0
    MP1.0GUI.png

Version 1.5
    MP1.5GUI.jpg

3. poly

poly Platinum Record

If you are a Psygnosis fan then you are an old fart (like me) then you get in trouble with new GUIs on your beloved software fast... :guru:
    I like the new GUI. A bit polished.

4. PumasNFatLaces

PumasNFatLaces Ultrasonic

Being born in the month of March, I'm in favor of anything closer to aquamarine. I love the 1.5 skin. The blues is eye candy to me.

5. OffshoreBanking

OffshoreBanking Producer

@poly My dad enjoyed classic psygnosis games on Amiga during the 80's, I grew up on their games from the 90's.
    Wipeout 2097 alone is responsible for my love of electronic music <3

So not that old ! But it's nice that some things translate between genz and kuddos for shouting this one out :)
    They were a fantastic studio alongside Rockstar, these "small" developers from the UK had something special during that era.

Make no mistake I adore the 1.0 version wich look modern but simple with just enough depth.
    Version 1.5 looks like a "bad taste" mid 2000's plugin I don't like it at all and it make zero sense whatsoever that they will go this way.

Not that serious tho^^

6. clone

clone Audiosexual

I like the 1.5 version more. The v1 faded text looks like something from Pigments, probably others.

What's up with the gimmick sounding name? It makes it sound like a toy, or a scam. It's actually much better than I would have guessed, just going by the name.

7. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Both examples given look almost identical... Having a laugh...

8. OffshoreBanking

OffshoreBanking Producer

@PumasNFatLaces you can change the colors in both versions wich is very nice, here it is in teal and with the black plate in pink :)
    Didn't find it in blue but you can do it aswell and with different rgb cycles if you want.

Teal.jpg

pink.jpg

9. OffshoreBanking

OffshoreBanking Producer

@clone like I told you I skipped this one hard because of the Fugly GUI, name and marketing. This is such a simple and great sounding plugin...

@saccamano I'm sure you can disect a mix and hear the difference between types of compression or saturation so I'm suprised you would say that, I feel like the difference in the style and details is quite flagrant !

To each is own, some people even like the 1.5 better.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2024
  10. BlackHawk

BlackHawk Producer

I see. One of the most important questions of our times. How can someone move on without an answer to this ... that would be THE ignorance itself.

11. saccamano

saccamano Rock Star

Ok I will agree that this one here
    MP-nice.jpg

is much nicer than

this one
    MP-yuk.jpg .

If that is what you're getting at.
    But the very first two examples (given in the first post in the thread) differ very little, IMO... There are some new additions which would be expected in a version update. I'm just looking at the GUI's themselves and comparing which one I would rather stare at. I rarely use so-called one off mastering plugins as they generally cause more problems than they solve... I do not subscribe to the "loudness" wars and this particular plug here is basically made to perpetuate the wars indefinitely.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  12. OffshoreBanking

OffshoreBanking Producer

@saccamano I use a combinaison of Pro-Q3, saturn, Pro-MB and Pro L-1 or Ursa dsp Boost on the master depending on the scenario but I've been impressed by this one, I don't like the idea of "one plugin", "one button" anything but it just sound good, the wide algorithm especialy and loud knob (mix of clipper and limiter).

The old GUI just sounds better :rofl:

13. BlossomwoodsCollection

BlossomwoodsCollection Kapellmeister

I like the Thick, Clean, Multi, etc. buttons in 1.0 better

Otherwise, i prefer the look of 1.5

• List
  14. YungstarProd

YungstarProd Member

Good plugin. GUI still looks...*not good* to me.

15. PumasNFatLaces

PumasNFatLaces Ultrasonic

Yoooooo, OffShore that black plate with pink accents just got me all ll fuzzy fuzzy, LMAO. I'm Sold! Installing now, I wanna see and hear some nice results. Stay tuned, you won't be sorry.......peace.

16. 4096

4096 Platinum Record

I found a post by one designer on another platform and there was this UI, specifically the one included in 1.5. I thought they were the designer for the original UI and this was a scrapped one. I saw this several months ago. Well, was a big surprise to find out it's actually a new UI.

There are certain things I would do differently if I was tasked with redesigning the plugin (it is, also the job I do), but I think the new UI looks quite good.

The original buttons had too big corner radii, almost looking like sweets or candies, something "tasty", the new ones look more mature, which fits the overall aesthetic of this plugin.

The original knobs definitely had kind of this barely visible metallic texture (look up "metallic knob" and you'll see what I mean), which was very nice as it wasn't over-exaggerated. Overall, the original UI was quite flat, while the new one added some touches of skeuomorphism, which can especially be observed on the new knobs, which were definitely rendered in something like Blender.

Overall, I think both UIs are great. My only objection in the new one is the golden logo. Gold & blue combination give off this kind of oriental feel, which looks a bit...how do I say it? Maybe that's my culture speaking, but I prefer blue and white. Same with other colour combinations, gold & pink, etc don't really match. In my opinion one colour should remain the primary accent, while the logo itself can be outlined (like in the original) or dark grey.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2024 at 2:37 AM
    • List
  17. clone

clone Audiosexual

The gold font logo looks straight out of a 90s animated text program that was on the FOSI site forever. I don't remember the name, but all it really did was modeled fonts as animated gifs. Lots of results on Google are for 90's Retro looks now? Maybe that should not be a surprise.
    The Gold v1.5 logo doesn't look any better on the black faceplate either, to me. Still, it is a nice plugin from a newer developer.

18. OffshoreBanking

OffshoreBanking Producer

The font look very much like ITC Avant Garde for that "70's" rich heritage of luxurious sound.
    Golden well as you know... gold is always good.

They even "scuffed" the edges to age it and put a real LCD witouth the plastic taken off so you feel like "in" the studio
    But they forgot to put the screws in the corners so maybe it will fall from my screen ! :hahaha:

Looks clunky and amateurish