Wrong Kontakt opens? Both legit and cracked installed OSX

Discussion in 'Kontakt' started by Mahol1988, Nov 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Mahol1988

Mahol1988 Newbie

Hey,
    So I have legit copies on Kontakt 5.6.1, Maschine 2.5.0 and Komplete Kontrol 1.7.1 but I have installed an Unlocked version of Kontakt for 3rd party libraries.
    All latest versions of legit software AND registered via Native Access, the cracked Kontakt is 5.6.0 (R46).
    Finally, Im running on Mac OSX yosemite if that helps.

The issue its the cracked/unlocked version of kontakt works fine standalone and fine in logic if I launch the "Kontakt 5K" [this is what I called the cracked version] but everytime I open in maschine or Komplete Kontrol and select my Kontakt 5k instance it seems to select both the legit and cracked copy of Kontakt or just the legit copy like in the image:

Any ideas?

3. E.C.R

E.C.R Platinum Record

is the cracked in its own folder? install in own folder "Kontakt5K" also ensure that in maschine etc that in the vst scan "always scan the latest version" button in switched to of, otherwise it scans only the latest version.....open preferences then vst , at the bottom of the vst folder is this button, hope that helps, would send a screen shot but I am at work

4. Mahol1988

Mahol1988 Newbie

Hey, I have the standalone app in applications in a separate folder called Kontakt 5k

The the library where the plugins are it is not in a separate folder I just put the Kontakt 5k.component in with the components and the .vst in with the vst
    Should these be in separate folders?

I have unchecked that box and performed a rescan too, still no joy :(

Is there a way to wipe maschine's memory of plugins and start fresh as I noticed a couple of plugins I have since removed are still listed (all be it unchecked) - maybe this has something to do with it? Bit confused by it

5. Pinkman

Pinkman Audiosexual

Remove all plugin directory locations , add them again and rescan.
    You could also trash the komplete.db3 file. This will allow you to completely rebuild your Maschine and Komplete databases.
    I know on Windows it's located at C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\Native Instruments\Maschine 2
    On OS X i think it's at home\Library\Application Support\Native Instruments\Maschine 2

If you can get the cracked version of the Kontakt plugin open in Maschine or KK, click Save-As to save it as a preset. Do the same for the legit Kontakt plugin and give it a different preset name.
    This way you should be able to launch whichever version you want and you can do it straight from the controller instead of using the drop down/mouse.

6. Vintage_Audio

Vintage_Audio Newbie

Need help!! CKontakt 565 MAC only works in standalone.

I have the paid version of Kontakt and Cracked Version. DAW Cubase 9. Every time I try to add a VST paid Kontakt will upload not crackers version, which puts my libaries in demo.

Any suggestions rather than buy the Libraries?

Thank you