Wrong beliefs in music!!!

Discussion in 'Music' started by foster911, Mar 7, 2018.

1. foster911

foster911 Guest

Let it go. It's not worth even thinking!:bow:
    The title already says wrong beliefs. I'm fighting against my unquestioning catholic faiths and soon I would be so similar to you. Till that moment just put up with the unpleasantness I'm the cause. :bleh:

PS:
    Vocals is a great tool but when it comes to pop scene, forfeits its incalculable value. You can work on your voice for a while but when you decide to sing a pop tune, in fact you let it be trivialized.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2018
  2. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

K. No worries @foster911. Thanks for replying. :)

3. Blorg

Blorg Producer

"Maybe you don't know anything about oxygen, but I do. Believe me, you must not sing." --Eliot Rosewater

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  4. Von_Steyr

Von_Steyr Guest

Foster, is perhaps this the gem you were looking for?

5. Herr Durr

Herr Durr Guest

If lysergic acid were around in van Gogh's day.. he probably would have tried it.. but
    we can take it now and look at his paintings... or either go to the Salvador Dali museum in St. Pete Fl
    if you want some extra "weirdness"

gah ye olde bait and switcheroo... he left us hanging.. again !

hanging png.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. foster911

foster911 Guest

All right but adventure never ends in life.

(because of its message):

As @spyfx always says: Follow your own bliss.:mates:

I created this thread with this idea in my mind that letting experimentations flow. Some aspects of music like vocalism is hard to master because of natural unawareness but after getting some basic ideas you can develop it like other things. I have had this wrong belief in my mind from the outset that vocals is not what I can invest on it not because of my inabilities in breeding it but mostly because I disliked pop a lot and I still do. But singing is not limited to pop genres. You can use your voice in whatever direction you like.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2018
  7. Blorg

Blorg Producer

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Remember kids: death is not the end :)

8. spyfx

spyfx Guest

Whoa ? Audiosexers only getting younger.... :yes:

So f**k tomorrow we only getting younger :yes: :

9. foster911

foster911 Guest

Let's ask @MMJ2017 that perplexity. Only he knows which parts of our thoughts match his defined reality.:rofl:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 10, 2018
  10. muffball

muffball Kapellmeister

Wrong beliefs... good Inglitch! i.e Alternative Facts?

The problem is that if I believe something is true when it's not then I can't tell you because I'm unaware of it If I know it's not true then I no longer believe it.

But in the spirit of the thread and to avoid my logic-nazi nature I'll maybe add a vague notion that I used to hold that anything that seems simple in music is actually so. The number of times I've tried to deconstruct something and found myself feeling stupid is many. Just the other day I was ummming on the time signature for a simple kids ditty because the thing turned out to be chock full of swing. I just assumed it was straight and approached it like a dumb robot. Even a slightly smart robot would have picked up the swing. It wasn't that hard but I made it harder by assuming it was dead basic.

11. foster911

foster911 Guest

All humans live with their beliefs. When they don't turn into hindrances, are excellent for our growth but in most circumstances, beliefs make semantic and pragmatic constraints. Some people are at pains to distinguish deep-seated erroneous and misguided beliefs by setting them against the reality but IMO it's another form of imposing limitation.:dunno:

12. DarthFader

DarthFader Audiosexual

Think, Pink.
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  13. muffball

muffball Kapellmeister

How can you tell if its a hindrance without exposing the truth? I think (I believe :P) curiosity and a thirst for genuine knowledge that comes with a caveat that you never know something for sure, along with embracing the imagination/creativity is excellent for our growth.

Placebo can produce positive results for single problems. I don't know if that counts as a win for overall growth though.