Written a song, need a vocalist, will copyright

Discussion in 'Collaborations' started by nmkeraj, Mar 26, 2023.

1. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

Hi. I have written a song. I need vocalist to sing all my lyrics and melodies to record a demo or to publish. So I need a voice. How about law, copyrighting or licensing? I have never dealt with the subject. Can I do whatever I want with such a song without a vocalist’s permission?

3. Jomexe

Jomexe Kapellmeister

If you can find a vocalist, make sure you pay them and that it's a "work made for hire". Make them sign a suitably worded contract. If you do it right they can't come back and claim royalties if/when you have a mega-hit.

There are session musicians from the 60s who were paid a pittance for their performance on what turned out to be a huge hit. The one that comes to mind is Eleanor Rigby. The string players are rumoured to be the Amadeus Quartet, top classical players of the day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  4. aleksalt

aleksalt Producer

Fill in a Release form and make shure your hired vocalist/instrumentalist or whoever else signed it before. It's done. Then you do whatever you want with the song

5. Trurl

Trurl Audiosexual

Flurb

Last edited: Mar 27, 2023
  6. Demloc

Demloc Platinum Record

7. LRaM

LRaM Newbie

I have been working for years with Racquel, an exceptional singer https://www.racquelroberts.com/
    And if not the voice synthesis is bluffing of realism now

8. Tanishkaa

Tanishkaa Newbie

hey there im actually looking for someone to help with lyrics. you sound like a person whos definitely good with words. can we possibly work together? let me know!

9. nmkeraj

nmkeraj Producer

@Tanishkaa Tell the truth I am not good at writing lyrics. I am a producer and I have just started writing and studying writing lyrics from books and video courses. Thank you for your offer of cooperation. I appreciate it much. Have you got any samples of what you do? Do you sing or produce, or need a lyricist?