Write with Other Tuning Systems in Studio One?

Discussion in 'Studio One' started by ghostwriter, Jul 17, 2023.

1. ghostwriter

ghostwriter Member

How is one able to write a song in Studio One using quarter tones, or any other non-12ET tuning system? (using midi + VSTs)

I'm assuming it's going to be some sort of hack.

My first thought was: step 1- installing a tuner effect plugin. 2- adjusting the pitch bend inside the midi editor until it hits the frequency I'm looking for. This is what I used to do when I tried this in FL Studio.

Three problems with this:
    1- This stops me from actually using pitch bend inside the midi editor, so some sort of external pitch bend is required. Maybe there is a stock PreSonus effect plugin that does this?
    2- Each instrument will require multiple channels, each with a different pitch bend value, meaning the RAM consumption can be ginormous (since the same VSTs/samples will be loaded at once.
    3- Many Kontakt libraries (the VST I use the most) don't respond to pitch bend, and there is nothing you can do about it. If you are lucky, SOME have a setting hidden layers inside the little wrench icon that allow it to respond to pitch bend.

Any ideas?