Writable PDF program for Linux?

Discussion in 'Linux' started by paul_audioz, Sep 4, 2024.

1. paulaahrens

paulaahrens Member

No worries, we all (hopefully) have learned a bit. ;-)

Btw, your document is actually not faulty, it just doesn't contain genuine form fields, such as these are defined by PDF standards.

2. paul_audioz

paul_audioz Ultrasonic

I already replied to the website that created the document and they really thought it was write-able. They checked and noticed it wasn't. With the help of all you guys I was the first to notice it. They are going to correct it!

3. Xupito

Xupito Audiosexual

Probably someone screwed it when saving the pdf without the forms being writable. Like when you make a pdf to be print on paper.

4. paul_audioz

paul_audioz Ultrasonic

Hehe....that's what I was thinking too.
    Important for all IT related stuff: Always test things because you'll never know until you've tested it!

5. SirGigantor

SirGigantor Ultrasonic

It's irrelevant, because it turns out to be an error, but I was assuming that, if whoever sent PDF sent one without forms, then they didn't care if they got one back with forms, i.e. it doesn't matter if it complies. Some places do that, they send you a PDF that's basically just images and expect you to fill it out by hand, then send it back, where someone actually reads it in person.

6. Olaf

Olaf Platinum Record

You can use Xournal (in Debian's repo) to add text or check marks to or just draw into every PDF. It's quite handy.