(tokyodawn.net) TDR Limiter 6 GE Available -> 1.2.0

Discussion in 'Software News' started by thantrax, Jun 19, 2017.

1. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

TDR Limiter 6 GE

[​IMG]

TDR Limiter 6 GE is a modern dynamics compression and limiting toolkit featuring six specialized modules that can be arranged in variable order. Together, they cover a remarkable range of applications from delicate loudness control, to brutal “brick-walling” and creative mix bus crunching.

Modules

• Dynamics Compressor
    • Clipper
    • High Frequency Limiter
    • Peak Limiter
    • Output Protection Limiter
    • True Peak and EBU Loudness Meter

Each module offers dedicated control over different types of events, from macro to micro, and allows you to determine the signal path. Combined wisely they can greatly increase the perceived loudness of a mix while preserving superior musical fidelity, punch, and excitement.

With its appealing visual aesthetic, the advanced true peak and EBU R128 compliant loudness metering section gives a detailed insight into the signal’s dynamics. The equal loudness bypass will also make sure the operators’ aural perception isn’t tricked from any loudness differences.

A collection of sensible starting points allows for quick, yet precise loudness maximization. If needed, a wide range of options offer endless creative possibilities for getting that optimal setting. Going further, Limiter 6 also enables the operator to build his personal take loudness maximization, bus processing and much more.

More info here - Price: €50,00

Clipboard01.jpg
    Source
    Tokyo Dawn Labs

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 11
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 2
    • Love it! Love it! x 2
    • List
  3. WillTheWeirdo

WillTheWeirdo Audiosexual

I feel we've seen the best plugin limiters have to offer...... I'm currently looking to hardware limiters and the new Bettermaker Limiter looks unbeatable.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Love it! Love it! x 1
    • List
  4. blacknblue

blacknblue Producer

I kinda liked Vlad's rusty Soviet design of his plugins better.

Anyway, looking forward to.

5. mild pump milk

mild pump milk Russian Milk Drunkard

It's great news about what we have been waiting since 2015.
    But right now I am killing wasps at work (buzzing while I am at work, nonmusical work). It's too hot in Valday. Tomorrow I go back home.
    There is no limiter to control and minimize peaks of hot temperature outdoors.
    TDR are the best.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  6. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Wow. How nice of them to include True Peak and LUFS Metering. And from the looks of things it seems to be adjustable (wrench in the top right corner). I hope this will remain a freebie…

7. lexeed

lexeed Platinum Record

Probably will be the same as the others with a free and a more featured version is my guess.

8. Hey Steezo, I think that I maybe read someplace that there will be two versions, free, in order to keep it real, as well as an advanced version perhaps with the choice of oversampling. Maybe I'm right, but though maybe I'm wrong, either way it'll be cheap...and be offered for a song.

9. mild pump milk

As I remember, free one is a re-release of free vladgsound limiter N6, but improved too much with some features. Gentleman's Edition probably will include more stuff, more options, quality modes and so on, than free version.
    Something like that. Gearslutz will help. Read threads about this. Some info in detail can be found posted by vladg and FabienTDR.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. sideshowtmc

sideshowtmc Producer

cant wait, love vlad's stuff, hopefully they'll redo molot even tho its perfect in its original form

11. subGENRE

subGENRE Audiosexual

Looks cool. Has a clipper built into it too, perfect

12. BENZZER

BENZZER Ultrasonic

can anyone suggest me a good brickwall limiter?

13. thantrax

thantrax Audiosexual

:metal::speaker::crazy:

Last edited: Jul 6, 2017
  14. jayxflash

jayxflash Guest

Spencer Sandfield Will it have a non-GE version like some of your other plugins?
    LikeShow more reactions
    · Reply · 1 hr
    [​IMG]
    Tokyo Dawn Labs
    Not this time, we prefered putting all resources on the GE. A nice demo edition is available, though.

15. Death Thash Doom

Death Thash Doom Platinum Record

It is absolutely great, The ability to move the modules and also to switch out what you might not want to use make it my go to. It's Vlad's original but gentlemanly and roided up too of course. I doubt that I'll personally be using any other of the peak-limiting plugins which I have armed with this. The value for money is as always incredible, The delta option like on previous releases, just expands the capabilities.

As good as it gets IMextremelyhumbleHO, I hear people that are talking about going analogue outboard, I love, use and am always saving and/or trading to get something old or new into my racks, I've not found a peak-limiter that works well for me outboard wise but I would not give up utilizing the peak settings/detection options when applicable on some of my dynamic processors which along with using in series with something covering the RMS reduction then going into the box and hitting a peak-limiter and clipper (I'm not into shredding at the ADC stage to achieve a clipped sound, It just does not work for me personally but I've heard plenty of other's get really good results via such method, It's not like I'm limited to a naff ADC or just one 'flavour').

Whatever works for you and sounds good/sounds right is right.

All the best to all as always :wink:

Dean

16. mild pump milk

Here's a quick list of the most important changes over free classic Vladgsound LimiterN6:

# DSP heavilly modernized and extended. Much higher fidelity overall. All modules have been rebuilt from the ground up, including many new options.
    # Variable module order, wet/dry and optinal stereo difference processing per module. Modules can be hidden if needed.
    # EBU R128 compliant peak and loudness meter including the loudness range extension.
    # "Equal loudness bypass" workflow.
    # AAX support, greater stability, preset management, undo/redo, inline help, extensive manual, new reworked GUI and much more.

TDR made sure to preserve the original feel of Limiter 6, but a lot has changed. Comparable to the transiton we saw from old to new Nova.

Fabien's post about stereo processing modes inside modules:
    [...] peak limiter is internally both linked and unlinked. Transients are handled unlinked, the "body" is linked.
    The clipper is fully unlinked and the output section's protection limiter is also unlinked. The HF limiter unlinked in ABS mode, linked in REL mode. The compressor is fully linked.

17. mild pump milk

I have an old installer of free rare Vladgsound Serp Clipper 3, who needs this - ask. It is without gui, but a good clipper.

18. Pollice verso

Pollice verso Rock Star

Uhmmm "high frequency limiter"

19. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

Just like I expected: 50 Euros, no freebie Version ;)

But it's cool that it's modular

20. mild pump milk

The limitation of demo is only not saving/backup presets, so use screenshots as recall sheet. Like any analog gear, no preset saving, adjust and print, or do screenshots and backup by hand after project to be reopened. That's the way to use DeEdger, limiter 6 GE and other uncracked TDR stuff.

• Interesting Interesting x 1
    • List
  21. 5teezo

5teezo Audiosexual

In DeEdger it's okay, because it has only 3 or 4 Parameters. But this has like 10x more :D