Would you use this sound card for music [SOLVED]

Discussion in 'Soundgear' started by MrAnonymous, Mar 20, 2014.

1. MrAnonymous

MrAnonymous Producer

Hi thier is a Sound Card on sale right but it says it's for gaming but i would want it for music could use please let me know if it is better then my built in soundcard for music as their is only 2 left.. Thanks

3. Introninja

Introninja Audiosexual

Audio Specification:???

8/16-bit DAC Channels
    Suports 44.1 and 48 KHz sampling rates for both playbacks and recording
    3.5mm output connectors for Stereo

I not really impressed with Audio Specification, but i'm really impressed with the Price :bleh:

I would shoot for something like:

16/24-bit
    Suports 44.1 and 96 KHz sampling rates for both playbacks and recording

More or less it really depends on what motherboard onboard sound your using cause some have really high-quality ones(Still Shit) but if you have a crappy one this may give you a slight boost in clarity.. And don't forget about Headphone Quality :bow:

Skip the sound card and just go with an audio interface like Alesis iO2 Express Audio Interface

4. bigpermisdead

bigpermisdead Newbie

I would pass on this one. It looks cool but is extremely underwhelming in the audio specs dept. Kontakt Guru made a good suggestion with getting a dedicated audio interface like the Alesis but look around there are lots of options/brands. Scour your local music store or even check Ebay for some deals. Read some reviews and do some research and I'm sure you'll find something a bit more suitable.

5. MrAnonymous

MrAnonymous Producer

Thanks for your help Kontakt Guru :thumbsup: i decided to save for the Alesis iO2 Express Audio Interface

6. Evorax

Evorax Rock Star

Also in your price range you can check out the ESI MAYA22 USB interface (this german brand makes usually only quality products).
    ESI Maya22 has 24bit/96khz against 24bit/48Khz of Alesis IO2, but it's not a noticable difference (depending on your needs) so you won't go wrong with either. Cheers!

7. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

Good advice here, save your money for something else. *yes*

8. Teletoby

Teletoby Member

yeah this piece is crap :) get a real interface, focusrite, Motu or something else. :wink:

9. fanelli

fanelli Newbie

I 2nd audio interfaces can be nicer, and more universal in what they can do (mine has mic amps)

I also like to leave me pci slots for UAD cards if possible :D

10. xHitoKiri

xHitoKiri Member

Be careful with gaming and audio production.

There's a lot of headsets/headphones that causes the same problem. For example, Headset for audio production should be flat. Nothing that boost low/mid/high frequencies; however, game headsets tend to boost lows or mid.

Most likely, this interface will have a similar impact that headsets. It might give you a boost on lows, so that whenever you plug XXX brand of headset you can listen to big explosions. Sadly, it probably won't be what your looking for.

As price wise. It's 99 dollars. You can get better ones for that price.

Focusrite 2i2:
    Around 99-140 depends on retailer or bundles.
    http://www.amazon.com/Focusrite-2i2-USB-Recording-Interface/dp/B005OZE9SA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1398931409&sr=8-1&keywords=focusrite+2i2

Presonus 22vsl:
    A few bucks extra than focusrite. Again, it all depends on the bundle or retailer.
    http://www.amazon.com/Presonus-AudioBox-22VSL-24-Bit-Interface/dp/B005G6CZRE/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1398931477&sr=8-2&keywords=presonus

Roland Duo-Capture EX:
    This one goes around 200 bucks.
    http://www.amazon.com/Roland-UA-22-Duo-Capture-EX/dp/B00AGBYWM0/ref=sr_1_2?s=musical-instruments&ie=UTF8&qid=1398931612&sr=1-2&keywords=Roland+Duo-Capture

Now, I would say take a look at this article. You can find more information and detail review on each audio interface.

http://www.musicradar.com/us/news/tech/12-of-the-best-budget-usb-audio-interfaces-570850/1

By the way, Just make sure that you pick an audio interface that is USB 2.0 if you decide to buy one with USB connection.

i would suggest to take a look at other brands before you decide to buy alesis.

11. Catalyst

Catalyst Audiosexual

xHitoKiri
    Interested in a 48 hour Uploaded.net coupon?

12. N0Trace

N0Trace Member

i have a internal ESI MAYA44 sound card and i cannot say good things about it. overall it's not a bad card, but when my Ableton- or other Standalone apps like Battery, Reaktor crash sometimes, the ESI sound card driver works no longer. i tried everything imaginable, but only the rebooting of my PC helps. not even a audio signal of a lousy head-set i can record with it. i just bought it because of the ASIO support and the good price. a few years ago, i owned a Hoontech DSP24 (only for WinXP and below) with a extern 24 inch AD/DA Converter, which was really an awesome device with extreme low latency. but this germany based firm exists no longer and the developing of a Win7 support is no more possible. so i was forced to sell it. :(